cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts or calls

xfx12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As if PM wasn't difficult enough to use.  Now I can't receive texts or phone calls.  It started today.  I did the usual troubleshooting.  Anyone else having issues?

Yes, I can call out; just no receive.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@xfx12 wrote:

Now I can't receive texts or phone calls.  It started today.  I did the usual troubleshooting.  Anyone else having issues?

Did you port your phone number into Public Mobile recently? This is a symptom of a failed port that might require the customer service agents to re-try the port (which requires acknowledging a verifivation text from the previous provider) or at least double checking that the SIM from the previous carrier is not still working.

The other test is to see if it is a problem with LTE not correctly transitioning to 3G (aka HSPA or WCDMA) which Public Moible uses for voice calls. To test, try changing the network settings to force 3G mode (disabling LTE) to see if that helps with incoming calls.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@xfx12 wrote:

As if PM wasn't difficult enough to use.  Now I can't receive texts or phone calls.  It started today.  I did the usual troubleshooting.  Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

You have tried to Reset Network settings?
Checking if the phone software needs updating also seemed to help some users with such problems.

xfx12

Ok, thanks. 

xfx12

ok, thanks, I'll try that.  However, it seems ridiculous to have to do things like that to make my phone work.  Nevertheless, thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xfx12 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@xfx12 

If you have a second phone, try to put the SIM in the other phone for testing and see if incoming calls and text starts working again.  If so, power off the second phone with the SIM still there.  Wait 2  mins and then put the SIM back to the original phone and see if it works.  This is a workaround and helped some people lately

If you don't have another phone, at least try reseating the SIM (power off, take the SIM out and wipe it clean before putting it back in and power up)

Need Help? Let's chat.