cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls - callers get "Number not in service" message

dssutanto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Android phone has been having some problems accepting incoming calls and voice messages for a few weeks now. Some callers who try to get in touch with me get a message telling them my number is not in service/is not connected to the network, or are directed straight to voice mail, which I don't receive. I've been with PM for around three years now so this can't be a problem with an incomplete port. I've set my network preference to 3G, and also rebooted my phone and reinserted the SIM card several times but the number still persists. I'm also up to date on payments, have not blocked any numbers, and have not set my phone to silent. Could this be an issue with my account? My phone is running on Android 6 if this helps.

5 REPLIES 5

@0077 wrote:

@dssutanto 

check your SIM in other phone and see is will be working if maybe not then send a private message to the CS_Agent, to check your account 

here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened. CS_Agent will reply and work with you via message*

The SIM card could not possibly cause the phone number to go out of service, nor could trying the SIM card in another phone fix this issue. Such issues are at the network side of things.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dssutanto 

Did this problem start after your renewal? It sounds like a provisioning issue. The best fix would be contacting customer support to reset your account and reprovision your sim card. We could send you thru the list of troubleshooting tips but I suspect they won't do much good....since customer support is within an hour these days I would reach out to them by putting "sim card needs reprovisioning" the subject line and leave a detailed message containing the troubleshooting you have done so far.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HI @dssutanto  You phone might have an old Android but I think it will  still work.  It can even use Google Store:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/08/google-will-kill-off-very-old-versions-of-android-next-month...

so, it doesn't sound like the old Android makes you missed the calls.  Try to put another SIM, another working one from another provider,  to see if it is getting calls.  It could be the phone is  faulty itself?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dssutanto 

It sounds like it is your phone. The latest update for Android is OS 12.
What make and model is your phone?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dssutanto   did you log into My Account and confirm if your account status is Active or Suspended or if you can ever login ?  Try it now and let us know

Or you have another phone you can try to put your PM SIM into it and test ?

Yes, Android 6 is OLD and not a Supported OS anymore.  For your security, you should consider getting a new phone anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.