cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service / Can't Login - Account is on Auto Pay - What to Do?

coneten
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

I have been a Public Mobile customer for over a year. My number is used to forward calls to my work phone with I use 100% of the time. I am on autopay (yes the credit card is still good / active). I noticed today that my phone is showing "No Service". I tried to log in to Public Mobile but am getting "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled". I did not receive any emails regarding billing issues. Can someone help me figure out what is going on? (Update: Looks like the last autopay was Nov. 23 2021 yet I received no emails regarding this?!)

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@coneten 

Unfortunately there is no account recovery beyond day 90. There is a tiny window at the beginning of the business day on day 90 that if you had an inactivated SIM card and a sympathetic CRA they may be able to transfer the cancelled account to the SIM card. But you are out of luck now....as I have been in exactly your position 4 months ago and it was a no go. If your phone number was originally a telus/koodo/pm number then recovering the phone number is possible thru customer support after activating a new account.

An email from pm reminding you of reactivation being necessary is very YMMV.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

coneten

Thank you everybody for your assistance!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If it is around the 90 mark and was just suspended within a day or 2 they may be able to salvage it for you but time is of the essence for sure.

@coneten   PM will text you with suspension and non payment.  It is possible they might have send you an email about your account will be permanently closed couple days before the 90 days deadline

if you want the number back, you will for sure need to get a new PM SIM and reactivate, but need help from PM Support , open the ticket and ask them if they are willing to assign you back the number after.   But again, this is given that you are willing to reactivate with a new SIM card.  But the new sim card could be no cost to you, just go to a mobile store and activate with them, most will be willing to give you the SIM for free.

coneten

Message says "Sorry we're having trouble finding your phone number". I will open a ticket. Thank you!

coneten

As I mentioned above I never used the phone for anything other than forwarding. I received NO notice of account suspension. I wouldn't have noticed loss of service as the phone is kept plugged in to a charger in a drawer. It was strictly for forwarding to my work phone. Just happened to look at it today and noticed the "No Service". Why oh why did Public Mobile not email regarding an account closure?!!!

@coneten   What did it say when you call 1-855-4-PUBLIC and enter your phone number?

Likely it said the number is no longer in service?

if that is the case, the number would have been gone and you will need to reactivate a new line.  Are you ok to reactivate with a new number? or you need your number back?

i suggest you to open ticket with PM Support and see if they can help if you account was permanently closed due to non payment for 90 days.  To open ticket with PM Support, use direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@coneten - if that means you were suspended 90 days after the last autopay, then you lost your number and account.

Did you have no services this whole time? 

Although I have heard of reminders of some sort being sent out before, I thought before; It is really your responsibility to reactivate before the 90 days are up.

If you have been an active customer within 90 days, try waiting 15+ minutes, maybe you are just currently on a temporary lock. Then try again using a incognito tab or a different browser.

If today was your 91st day, I don't know if there is ever any allowance for recovery. But if you want to try, go ahead and ask CSA.

Two ways to reach them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

coneten

No - I only use the Public Mobile phone to forward to my work phone. It was a way to keep my old number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@coneten   if your last autopay was Nov 23, that cycle would have run till Dec 23.  From Dec 23, you should have no service since.  did you ever use your phone since Dec 23?   Today would be the 90th day from Dec 23 and your account would have been permanently closed today if that is the case. 

Critical question, you never use your phone , outgoing and incoming calls and mobile data since Dec 23?

Try to call 1855-4-PUBLIC and enter your phone number and see what it says

Need Help? Let's chat.