cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or recieve calls.

CFP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I call somwone it will ring, but it ends the call as soon as it connects. Text messages also aren't going through.

32 REPLIES 32

CFP

I did use that link. I used another link and dialed *#06# for the number

@CFP what did 1.855 4PUBLUC say?

For CS, usually within 2 hours. Keep checking your inbox here

CFP

I have checked. It is not blacklisted.

When can I expect a response from cs

@CFP you chexked if phone is blacklisted using my link above?

you called 1.855.4PUBLIC and check?

CFP

When can I expect a response from them?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good luck, I hope CS is able to shed some light on this.  I've had pretty good experience from them.

CFP

When I try in incognito mode, it doesn't load the page and says unrestricted access. I have contacted a CS agent, but they have not responded.

pmbc

try using incognito mode to see if that allows you to access your account.  But still suggest you contact CS Agent as your service is not working.  if you can logon at least you can check state of the account.

@CFP call 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone, enter 1bfor English and enter your phone number,.  Can the system locate your number? Does the system say your account is suspended?? check it

CFP

Not using a VPN, and I'm not in incognito mode.

pmbc

@CFP are you using VPN?  Are you using incognito mode for the browser?

CFP

When I try to sign in online, it also now thinks I'm in BC

CFP

Why might my account have been disabled?

pmbc

Suggest you reach out to CS Agent via pm, 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

see if they can see an issue with the account.  Almost sounds like the account has been disabled.

CFP

It's now saying that I'm not registered on the network. I also can't sign onto my account anymore. Everything worked perfectly yesterday.

pmbc

@CFP your account is active? what happens if you dial 611 from your phone?

CFP

Now it says that I'm not registered on the network

CFP

I didnt charge back anything.

CFP

I put my sim card into an old iPhone. It tries to read it, then it says sos

CFP

No I have not

@CFP wrote:

Now when I try to sign into my account it just say unauthorized access

@CFP   you didn't try to charge back any PM charge on your credit card lately, right?

@CFP 

first check if your phone is blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Then, try to use your pm sim in another phone if you can find one.  

And try to find another active sim card and test it on your phone to confirm if it is a device sim slot problem

CFP

Now when I try to sign into my account it just say unauthorized access

pmbc

@CFP wrote:

I have done both of those things. I have never dropped my phone or had any problems, why would my sim card suddenly stop working?

No idea.  It's either going to be the SIM or the SIM reader in the phone.  If you have access to another phone or friends phone, see if you can test the SIM.  If you can try a friends SIM in your phone you can see if it is read properly and connects to whatever network they're using.  Otherwise purchase a new SIM and start there.  I can't think of another way to troubleshoot this.

CFP

I have done both of those things. I have never dropped my phone or had any problems, why would my sim card suddenly stop working?

pmbc

@CFP wrote:

There are no issues that I can see coverage wise. It's telling me that it's not reading my sim card. I'm used the service with no issues for a couple years now.

OK, sounds like it may be an issue with your SIM then.  You can try removing and reinserting the SIM to see if it makes a difference and restarting the phone.  If none of those work you can try to order a new SIM or go in store to buy a new SIM.  You'll need to log into your account and assign the new SIM serial to the account to activate it.

CFP

Okay, I've gotten in. Now what do I do?

CFP

There are no issues that I can see coverage wise. It's telling me that it's not reading my sim card. I'm used the service with no issues for a couple years now.

pmbc

@CFP for getting into your account, you can click resend code.  You should have option to send to email.

CFP

I've been with PM for a few years. I renewed my plan, and it worked fine for 2 days. I can't receive the confirmation code via textthat is needed to sign into my account.

Need Help? Let's chat.