cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make long distance calls despite having LD balance

shah001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm unable to to make long distance calls despite having long distance balance in my account see attached. I'm getting below message. The number is correct and I have tested it by texting and getting reply from it. Any idea?

Hi Public Mobile Here, Sorry you call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again. 

shah001_0-1650734557541.png

11 REPLIES 11

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Makes sense with the details... for sure. 

Thank you!!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Spudster: The message they got was not the same as the one that the 1 fixes. The one that lets the call go through anyway. That was not the case here. So I was surprised when they chose that as the solution. Until they replied to me with their update.

Spudster

It's all in the details,  eh @dust2dust 

OP was a bit short on pertinent details in their initial post. 😉

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Probably cheaper and more reliable to go with a calling card option for the UAE

@shah001 wrote:

@dust2dust  Indeed it is a non-Canadian number, I'm trying to call UAE and the number 011 971. So how could I make a call to UAE?

Not covered by PM long distance add-on. Only these countries are available:

International calling is for calling from Canada to other countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Oh! I thought Spudster had your solution. Public does not offer calling to the UAE. Maybe a voip app could. Or one of those calling card deals in convenience stores.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Where do you want to call? Not all countries are eligible for this bonus.

shah001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@dust2dust  Indeed it is a non-Canadian number, I'm trying to call UAE and the number 011 971. So how could I make a call to UAE?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@shah001 

Are you unable to call that one long distance number only? How about other long distance numbers within Canada or the US?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this to a non-Canadian number? If so which country? Calling is different from texting. You can text anywhere. But calling needs to be to one of the limited countries offered.

Spudster

@shah001 

Try rebooting device.

When making calls, be sure to place the 1 + area code in front of the number

Need Help? Let's chat.