cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change subscription to 4G plans

Home-Baked
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I press change subscription, there’s only two options and they’re both 3G.

IMG_1925.png

12 REPLIES 12

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Home-Baked 

Your phone doesn't need to have 5G to use a "5G" plan. You will still get "5G" data speeds on the 4G LTE network. You just can't connect to the 5G network. Most of the time even if you have a 5G phone it will stay on the 4G LTE  network unless you are in an area where the 5G network has a stronger signal.

Until providers are able to deploy the new 5G spectrums purchased from the most recent government spectrum auction the vast majority of 5G network piggybacks on the 4G LTE network. "3G", "4G" and "5G" plan monikers mostly refer to the data speed recieved than the network. All plans have access to the 3G and 4G LTE  networks as long as your device supports it (nearly all phones do unless it's a very old phone.) 

Home-Baked

Customer support said they’re unable to switch the plan on my behalf. Good news is, I have the 5G plan available to choose now… bad news is my phone doesn’t support 5G and the 4G plan I want is still missing ☠️ it shouldn’t be this difficult to give a company money 

IMG_2027.png

@Home-Baked 

I just checked (using my laptop with Firefox) and the complete menu of plans are available for your selection.

hi @Home-Baked we tried everything and i think only PM agent can help now, please submit ticket here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Home-Baked

Yes, it’s set to all and can’t be changed to anything else.

hi @Home-Baked scroll up the page, do you see ALL filter there ??

Home-Baked

Even in the app

IMG_1926.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Home-Baked 

and you tried using the app?? Could be better with the PM app

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Home-Baked 

If the above advice doesn't work then you may be suffering from a weird glitch on the plans page that others have reported. If so contact customer support to schedule or perform an immediate plan change until pm sorts out the glitch. To contact customer support send a private message...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Edit:

If the plan change or scheduling the plan change needs to be done sooner rather than later make sure you indicate the plan you want, you manually top up your account or ensure your payment card is valid and include the following info in your private message to the CS_Agent only....

1. Full name and address and/or postal code on the account.
  2. Email, phone # and 4 digit account pin #.

This will allow perhaps an overnight CSA to fulfill your request or it will be performed first thing in the morning when pm customer support opens for the day.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Home-Baked 

Use incognito.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

That doesn't seem right. Have you tried using the app instead? I think that will work better for you.

EDIT: I just checked my account and there were a ton of options. I think you should try to clear your cache in your browser, restart it and try again. That should work too.

Need Help? Let's chat.