cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can call out but not receive calls

DonnaHutchinson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When people call me they get a message ...."the customer you are calling is unavailable at this moment"

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaHutchinson 

It depends on the phone. Most mainstream phones like Samsung will do it automatically. International Android phones usually need to have the APN edited by the user and iPhones require you to check for software updates and then update the carrier profile over wifi or by connecting to iTunes.

DonnaHutchinson

Thanks...will give that a try! I'm wondering too if I need to change my 'internet' settings on the phone??

@DonnaHutchinson wrote:

Didn't see text

@DonnaHutchinson 

There is a number you can call to confirm the porting status.  I will message you via Community inbox.  Call them and they can re-trigger the process

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm a very low usage customer. So I notice when things are missed. Someone told me yesterday that they had the same thing. I asked what provider. They said Rogers. (ironic for some regulars here 🙂 ) I can receive from Public and voip and Fido and Shaw and a different Rogers customer so I don't know. I'll write off my missed call yesterday as a one time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaHutchinson 

As per my reply in your other thread....now that I know your port failed contact the telus porting department with the phone number in the link supplied by @dust2dust and follow the instructions in my post. Most importantly unless you are porting from telus or koodo your old account must be active to port in your phone number.

Did you leave the old sim in a phone to get the text? Was the old service still active? Or was it a landline or voip service?

DonnaHutchinson

Didn't see text

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DonnaHutchinson did you jus ported in your number and  incoming calls was never working?  

If you requested porting in number,  did you reply YES to a text from your old provider?? that is a critical step and cannot be missed

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number very recently?

What number people see when YOU call them?

Need Help? Let's chat.