Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I roam in the US with the $34 US-Canada plan

HSNS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently my plan states 

• 50GB Data within Canada and the US at 5G Speed
  • 5G Speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging++
  • Calling Features: Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, and Conference Calling

Does this mean I can use this plan when I am in US and which service provider I should use when I am in US

15 REPLIES 15

@HSNS wrote:

Where are the roaming charges listed? 

There are no raoming charges. The servcie is already included with these plans.

HSNS

Where are the roaming charges listed? 

@HSNS wrote:

Thank you @hTideGnow That was very helpful and I will update this conversation as and when i get a response. 

I wouldn't contact a customer support gent about this.  The Canada-US plans absolutely and 100% include servcie in the US. 

HSNS

Thank you @hTideGnow That was very helpful and I will update this conversation as and when i get a response. 

@HSNS wrote:

@computergeek541 - its not just @HF4, even @hTideGnow is saying that the Canada-US plan includes roaming. What I am not able to understand though is why is no one from Public Mobile commenting on it. Don't you all find that an issue?

The Canada-US plans do include raoming. That means that the service will work.  @hTideGnow didn't state tthat there would be roaming charges, only that roaming service is included.

HSNS

@computergeek541 - its not just @HF4, even @hTideGnow is saying that the Canada-US plan includes roaming. What I am not able to understand though is why is no one from Public Mobile commenting on it. Don't you all find that an issue?

@HSNS wrote:

Thank you @hTideGnow. Are you from Public Mobile? I am confused because of conflicting views from different members and nobody from Public Mobile clarifying this. One doesn't want a big surprise at the end of it. I dont know if Public Mobile realises this but it is a classic model on "how to lose a customer" 

Unfortunately, HF4 is mistaken.   The plans that Public Mobile has marketed as Canada-US plans and also as including US data icnlude service in both Canada and the US.   There were past plans that included long distannce calling from Canada to the US but that did not include roaming, but that's not what's being asked about here.

hi @HSNS 

I am not a PM staff but I have the plan and I know the details of the Canada-US plan

if you rather words from PM staff ,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

HSNS

Thank you @hTideGnow. Are you from Public Mobile? I am confused because of conflicting views from different members and nobody from Public Mobile clarifying this. One doesn't want a big surprise at the end of it. I dont know if Public Mobile realises this but it is a classic model on "how to lose a customer" 

hi @HSNS not confusing at all.

if you have Canada-US plan, you can use there service in US like you are home. You can use data and make calls (to Canada and US) and make text and receive calls and text 

HSNS

Now this is confusing. Somebody from Public Mobile, you need to comment here. 

HF4

this only means that you can call to US not use it in the US you would need to buy an add on for that

edited by computergeek541: crossed out incorrect information

@will13am wrote:

@HSNS , this plan allows roaming in the US.  The roaming partner networks are AT&T and T-Mobile.  

Verizon is also a roaming partner.

HSNS

Thanks will3am

@HSNS , this plan allows roaming in the US.  The roaming partner networks are AT&T and T-Mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.