cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I "pause" my PM subscription?

Andy-Martin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to Europe in September/October.  I want to sign up with Telus while I am there.  Can I pause my PM subscription during that time?  Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

No, it's only about the services before the 30 paid days expires. That's when the 90 days starts. You can still log in to the account. How else would you release the hold. (it used to be called suspend then resume)

The app or the web site.

@MetaMorpheusMob- None. There is suspension for lack of payment and then suspension for putting the account on hold. That is done by way of the so-called Lost/stolen function which is now called on hold. The days timer still ticks down until your plan would have otherwise ended. Then the actual 90 days counter starts. But you can release the hold and then the days left will be there from that count of days. (sheesh...did that make sense? 🙂 )

HI @Andy-Martin 

and @DDM69  was right, it is cheaper to use travel esim or even travel data sim (physical)

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust 

Thanks I forgot that you need to make a manual payment once your account is suspended.

I amended my response…thanks 😉

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

'Manage Subscription - Enable/Disable Auto-Pay'

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscription

(Make sure to make a payment once every 60-90 days to prevent the Account from closing and your number from being Released.)

@BKNS27- Enabling autopay alone won't restart the service. A manual payment needs to be made.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Andy-Martin 

Yes you can. Just dial 1-855-4PUBLIC and enter your phone number but you will need your security PIN to disable AutoPay (Subscribed).

Remember not to suspend your account longer than 90 days or you will loss your number, SIM will be useless and account will be closed so make a manual payment (because of the suspended on your account) on the 88th day in case any issues.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Andy-Martin  Yes but don’t let it stay suspended more then 90 days and make sure you make payment no later then that so like day 85 make payment again or before 

Turn  auto pay  OFF/ON  3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1692892091584.png

Or if you know the 4 digit PIN number

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Andy-Martin 

yes, you can.  You can pause for 90 days

Go to My Account, Payment, Manage Subscription and disable Subscribed there.  PM won't charge you at the end of this current cycle. 

But when you are back, you need to manually make a payment to resume service.  And you only have 90 days to pay to resume from the first day of suspension

Need Help? Let's chat.