cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to my wife's cell number is routing to my voicemail

aip0401
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if someone can help me with this, but the other day, my wife call-forwarded her number to mine (she's on Telus while I'm on PM).  I didn't change anything on my iPhone.  My wife has already turned off call forwarding on her iPhone, but whenever I try to dial her number on my phone, I get sent to my voicemail instead.  

We have tried toggling call forwarding on her phone a few times and restarting our phones, but I still get directed to my voicemail.  Is there anything that can be done to correct this?

11 REPLIES 11

@Ando wrote:

@aip0401 

take out both sim and put in each different phone and see if works.and put them back.

That couldn't have helped because call forwarding is set at the network end before the calls even gets to the phone.

@aip0401 

Thanks for letting us know. Backend issue then.

aip0401

Hi everyone, I appreciate all your help. My wife ended up calling Telus support and they resolved things on their end. It appears that, when she disabled Call Forwarding on her phone, the command didn't fully go through on the backend, which led to a situation where I was still getting some of her calls and other calls were going through to her phone.  

@aip0401 before you open ticket wirh PM support   try this

Set Foward when not available  (or even Foward all) to one of the VM numbers in this post and see if it works

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Another thing you can try is to click Reset All Network

aip0401

Unfortunately, that didn't work either.  

aip0401

We've both tried.  Unfortunately, there's no improvement.

aip0401

Yesterday, it seems like a few calls to my wife were going to my phone even though Call Forwarding was off on my wife's phone.  Today, one of her friends tried calling her number and succeeded.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aip0401   Try to dial ##004#.  It will reset all forwarding settings to default

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Which phone other people get when they call your wife? Goes to your phone?

@aip0401 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if someone can help me with this, but the other day, my wife call-forwarded her number to mine (she's on Telus while I'm on PM).  I didn't change anything on my iPhone.  My wife has already turned off call forwarding on her iPhone, but whenever I try to dial her number on my phone, I get sent to my voicemail instead.  

We have tried toggling call forwarding on her phone a few times and restarting our phones, but I still get directed to my voicemail.  Is there anything that can be done to correct this?

For call forwarding settings to be changed, these parameters needs to be sent through the network. t appears that for whatever reason, Public Mobile isn't updating the settings or hasn't receive the request.  It's also possible that there's some type of delay, and that the issue might correct itself.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@aip0401 

Try rebooting both of your phones by powering them off then back on (by holding down the power button and power off).

See if that works.

Need Help? Let's chat.