cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls keep dropping after 53 seconds ( exactly 53 seconds)

Freebird2222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my calls keep dropping for the last few days . I never had this problem before. ( every call drops exactly after 53 seconds) i did things like rebooting / taking the SIM card off but nothing works.  

Loud beeps and then dropped call

when placing a call I hear a large double beep around 22 seconds and it then drops around 53-54 seconds.  it’s happening to both incoming and outgoing calls

i am currently roaming in the U.S , U.S talk add on

I am having this problem for a week and unfortunately public mobile team couldn’t solve the issue .

I submitted 2 tickets but haven’t received any response from public mobile ( team _ moderator)

any suggestion how to get this issue resolved ?

52 REPLIES 52

Freebird2222

Seems like a very smart suggestion . Thanks 😊 

I am sending a private message to the moderator and asking  them to look into what you have just suggested 

@Freebird2222 

Oh so this is related to the issue several people were having last week. So regardless the tech team should look into how this relates to the original problems with US roaming add ons. I wonder if you would be better off with them crediting you a little extra and you get the talk/text add on instead if the talk add on is just having an issue on its own.

Freebird2222

Thanks 😊 

@Freebird2222 

Yes I'm thinking this is the only way to fix the problem and it hasnt worked correctly due to no fault of yours so you should be getting a credit anyways.  If the problem persists after that then the tech team should look at your account as well. But lets hope for a fix for now.

Freebird2222

I have never purchased two adds-on . There is currently one add-on showing on my online account.  When I first purchased the add-on , it was defective and didn’t work but after I submitted a ticket to the moderator, he did reset my account and it started working right away.

And then right after having the first issue resolved , the second issue started which is beeping and dropping calls within the first 53 seconds of incoming and outgoing calls . 

so you are suggesting me to ask the moderator to remove the add-on , credit it back and re-purchase the same add-on ? Am I right ? 

@Freebird2222 

Did you have any roaming add ons overlap at all even for just a period of a few hours? @srlawren has identified what usually causes your issue. And there is only one roaming add on showing in your account overview? The usual fix is to have the moderators remove both add ons (I realize you only have one)and apply the correct one and credit the second one. You have already had a "defective" add on.....ask the moderators to remove it, credit it back to you and then have them "purchase" a new one with the credit and apply it to the account.  Hopefully  the new one works as it should.

Freebird2222

when placing a call I hear a large double beep around 22 seconds and it then drops around 53-54 seconds.  it’s happening to both incoming and outgoing calls

I am having this problem for a week and unfortunately public mobile team couldn’t solve the issue .

any suggestion ?  

Freebird2222

Putting SIM card on another phone 

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Freebird2222 what havent you tried?

Freebird2222

I haven’t tried this yet as I don’t have access to another phone at the moment . 

Freebird2222

I’m roaming in the U.S and been using Talk only add-on without any issue for the last 3-4 month .

im currently using one add-on at the time which is talk only service

( I usually renew my add-on every 10 days )

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Freebird2222 by chance, are you roaming in the USA right now?  If so, could you have accidentally purchased more than one of the 10-day US Roaming Talk add-on (e.g. buying it on its own as well as part of one of the bundles)?  This is known to produce symptom you're reporting.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

did you try putting your SIM on another phone?  see if it is a phone issue or SIM/network.  

you can also try using another SIM on your phone.

Hi @Freebird2222 

I think the Moderators need to address this - very curious to know what they tell you is (was) the issue.   Can you please post the content of their reason?

You may also wish to check for updates on your phone, just to make sure all systems are running on most current versions.

EDIT:  For the heck of it, try this:   Put your PM SIM into another PM compatible phone, make a call, see if it drops within the same time-frame.  [i was writing this edit at the same time @hTideGnow  posted same suggestion... good thinking @hTideGnow ]

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you used all of your minutes possibly? 

@Freebird2222 

Try toggling airplane mode on/off. This will give you a brand new connection to the network.

@Freebird2222 wrote:

I sent to moderator_ team ( two tickets on Wednesday afternoon)

Hopefully you will receive a reply tomorrow. Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply from the moderators.

Freebird2222

Calls keep dropping regardless of any time or location.  I did reset my network setting but nothing seems to work .

Freebird2222

I sent to moderator_ team ( two tickets on Wednesday afternoon)

@Freebird2222 wrote:

my calls keep dropping for the last few days . I never had this problem before. ( every call drops exactly after 53 seconds) i did things like rebooting / taking the SIM card off but nothing works.  

I submitted 2 tickets but haven’t received any response from public mobile ( team _ moderator)

Have you reset your network settings? Are the dropped calls only in one location? To different people?

These are the moderator hours of operation:

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

@Freebird2222 wrote:

Did you send a private message to team_modearator or Moderator_Team?  Only the second username is valid to contact them.  Or did you go through SIMon?

This could be a provissioning issue.  There was a point when I was having somes calls drop at exactly the time in the call counter (something about 59 minutes and 32 seconds or around that).To this day, I'm not sure what happened, but eventually, things went back to normal (it might have been Public Mobile who fixed something for me).

Freebird2222

Need Help? Let's chat.