cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls go directly to voicemail when I call Public Mobile users

Sam21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
I am in London, ON, Canada. When I called my parents, who are Public Mobile users, the call went straight to their voicemails. The same thing happened to them when they called me.

However, when we call other phone numbers, such as Walmart or people who use another phone service (519)-..., I was able to call them normally. Plus, when I called my brother, who lives in Ottawa and he is a Public Mobile user, I successfully call him without being directed to voicemail right away. 

My parents' phones and my phone did not turn on "Do not Disturb" mode, and I have also tried to shut down my phone and turn it on again but nothing works.

Can anyone help me, please? Is there something wrong with Public mobile in London?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Sam21 @HRM 

Similar issues with customers in London ON this week.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/london-ontario-area-service-proble...

Manually selecting 3G network helped in each of the cases.  Might manually select 3G and then reboot phone.  

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Could be some temporary outage in London, ON? Some service maintenance?

You can always check it here but not all intermittent outages are published:

https://www.telus.com/en/nt/outages?linktype=ge-footer

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Sam21 

Try putting your phone on 3G network.

The issue could be linked to infrastructure works by telcos in that area.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sam21 

A few users have had similar issues recently. Not sure about their physical location.  Might be temporary reception issue.  

You tried rebooting your phone.

Other troubleshooting advice:

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on and off.

Make sure that your phone did not accidently block your parents numbers and vice versa

Try to manually select 3G network for both you and your parents phone instead of LTE/auto connection.  In some areas, the LTE connection is weaker or might be an issue with the LTE towers in your area.  

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Second time within a couple weeks we've heard reports of troubles in London - wonder what's happening down there.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

would your parents be able to call other businesses or people in the area or outside?

msged my friends around that area, nothing reported. 

Sam21

Hi,

I tried to switch my service from LTE to 3G. My parents' phone and mine are now right next to each other on our Ground floor.

I can call my brother, who lives in Ottawa and he is a Public Mobile user, but he couldn't call me, and I live in London ON.

Sam21

Hi @Dunkman 

I tried to switch my service from LTE to 3G. My parents' phone and mine are now right next to each other on our Ground floor.

I can call my brother, who lives in Ottawa and he is a Public Mobile user, but he couldn't call me, and I live in London ON.

@Sam21 wrote:

Hi,

@Sam21   both you and your parent's phone can call out without issue?

try to re-seat your SIM as well (power off phone, take out sim for a minute better putting it back and power up)

HRM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wish I had an answer for this … my husband and I live in London, are both on public Mobile network, and our phones have not been ringing for the last couple of days. I have tried every possible check with my phone, done every possible fix, and nothing has helped.