cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call clarity and quality

EricaGyarmati
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since switching to Public Mobile the I have had nothing but issues with calls. There is a constant scratching sound, cut in calls, people can’t hear me or I can’t hear them. I made the switch about two months ago and I am regretting it. I’ve been trying to submit a ticket to get a replacement for the SIM card and report the issues I’ve been having but the site isn’t working. Any way to contact customer support or replace the SIM??

16 REPLIES 16

@EricaGyarmati  Your welcome hope you get new SIM card soon and it resolves the issue . Here’s your thread from yesterday . You can also see it in your profile 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Call-clarity-and-quality/td-p/1111793

EricaGyarmati

Thank you to all who replied with suggestions regarding my call issues. I ended up putting my SIM card into another phone, to find the same problems happening with calls. I also tried putting the SIM card from my husband’s phone I to my phone, wouldn’t you know, no issues. I sent an email to customer service asking for SIM replacement.

Raheel672

Yup, that's probably it. I was just sharing my experience and based on search for cell towers, rogers is less than a km away whereas Telus is about 9-10kms.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Raheel672 wrote:

I had issues with call drops, and silence during calls. I assumed it's a signal issue as sometimes it's barley showing 1 bar on my s23. Switched from rogers and never had any drops with them

It's not as simple as "Rogers good, Telus bad" - if there were one perfect choice for everybody then there wouldn't be a bunch of alternatives to choose from.

It boils down to the phone hardware, the phone software, the network. You might be physically located somewhere that Rogers sites provide strong signal and Telus+Bell sites provide weak (1 bar) signal. There are many places in Canada like that. Just as there are many place in Canada that are opposite of that.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Raheel672

I had issues with call drops, and silence during calls. I assumed it's a signal issue as sometimes it's barley showing 1 bar on my s23. Switched from rogers and never had any drops with them

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@EricaGyarmati   Which iPhone do you have, is it iPhone 8 or newer?

Korth_

@EricaGyarmati 

I would suggest that instead of testing the SIM card in another phone, you should try testing another SIM card in your phone. (Or do both, if you like, wouldn't hurt.) The problem is your phone or the problem is your network and changing your SIM on the same network you can already connect to isn't going to change anything relevant.

It's possible your phone has bad radio. Intermittently disconnected or misaligned antenna, malfunctioning component, a single-bit error in firmware causing problems. Bad speaker is not an uncommon problem. Bad microphone as well, although that would be on another phone (the person you're talking to) instead of your own. If the phone has ever been dropped or had any liquid get inside then these (and other) hardware problems are far more likely.

The other possibility is that there simply isn't good radio coverage from Telus/Bell/SaskTel/etc networks in the area you use your phone. Low signal "bars". Consistently weak battery. Interference from certain phone cases, automotive devices, home appliances, industrial fixtures, etc. Public Mobile (Telus) (and Bell/etc) uses HD Voice and VoLTE protocols - they are higher-quality and guaranteed-bandwidth communications modes with some redundant encoding and embedded error-correction - they certainly don't provide "audiophile" Hi-Fi sound experience but (when there aren't bad conditions) they can approach CD quality audio on voice segments of the sound spectrum.

A final possibility - maybe - is your iPhone software settings. iDon't iPhone so iDon't really know ... but you might get different results if you do a network reset, switch "3G" and "4G" modes, select operator automatically (Auto) or manually (Public Mobile), etc. Misconfigured software causes the overwhelming majority of problems reported by consumer devices. Most Android phones have volume sliders for mic sensitivity and speaker amplification - or can install apps which provide those controls - so I'd be surprised it iOS counterparts can't do the same.

If you use hearing aids then you'll probably benefit from T-Coil settings or custom app controls.

Korth_

@Hollister wrote:

@EricaGyarmati 

I doubt it is the SIM card.

I know it's not the SIM card. The SIM will work - connect to the network, provide a phone number, etc - or it won't. There is no in between. It's like the ignition key in your car, it works or it doesn't, but changing it isn't going to make your car drive any faster.

EricaGyarmati

Thank you. I will try this as well. I really hope I can get through to support - I will try again.

@EricaGyarmati  Also ensure your IOS is up to date 17.2

EricaGyarmati

I will try the reset. I have an iPhone; when first starting up with Public Mobile my phone qualified for the service.

EricaGyarmati

Thank you for the suggestions, I will try them.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @EricaGyarmati what phone do you have?

try it on another phone and test

also, try to click Reset All networks once and it could help

if same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent and ask them to refresh your account:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm, I never experienced that. It's the Telus network, so it's solid. You may want to try resetting your network settings.

Our of curiosity, what device are you using and is it VoLTE compatible? You still shouldn't be having these issues either way, but I'm curious.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@EricaGyarmati 

I doubt it is the SIM card. Can you try setting your preferred network to 3G to see if it helps. Also try sim in another unlocked phone. For an agent:

• you can send a private message to an Agent by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, they strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@EricaGyarmati  First reseting  network settings see if that helps also can you try the sim cRd in another phone to test . And maybe try someone else SIM card in your phone to test . This will help determine if it’s account issue or device issue . But here’s a direct link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.