cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice sounds like a Robot

CarlSeedhouse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched from Telus to Public Mobile. My call quality has decreased significantly, with the calls sounding robotic, to the point I cannot even make out what is being said on the call. This is happening all the time. I upgraded to the latest iOS version to see if that would resolve the issue, however, it is still happening.

Any advice? I would like to fix this issue instead of abandoning Public Mobile/Telus.

The problem never occurred while I was with Telus proper.

5 REPLIES 5

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Not sure why you are experiencing any difference in call quality as you are on the exact same network.  I have switched many people from Telus to PM and none of them have had any issues

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CarlSeedhouse wrote:

Question, why would I want to switch to a technology several generations old?

HI @CarlSeedhouse i think @Sansan was just asking you to test and see if it works

But yes, you can stay with VoLTE , just submit a ticket with PM agent and ask them to refresh you account

one thing you can do in the mean time is to Reset All networks on your phone, it might resolve your issue quicker

CarlSeedhouse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question, why would I want to switch to a technology several generations old?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CarlSeedhouse 

this is weird, iPhone should be good

try your sim card on another phone if you have physical sim

if that same, then it is a network or account problem, please submit a ticket and ask PM agent to refresh your account

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@CarlSeedhouse  not uncommon complaint unfortunately 😕

Try to switch phone to 3g and see if that will help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.