cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim travelling & home

jennyatdb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I purchase an e-Sim before I travel, can I continue to use it when I return?  Can I use my iPhone for texting internationally?

5 REPLIES 5

TonyVan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think you cannot use it outside of Canada and USA, there is no signal 

@jennyatdb 

If your phone has a SIM & eSIM or dual eSIM. 

You can use the PM SIM as the primary and eSIM as your secondary for travel. As for dual eSIM, PM on the primary eSIM and secondary for travel.

@jennyatdb wrote:

I was going to purchase an eSim from another carrier to use in SE Asia and Japan.

Assuming that your Public Mobile account is kept active, the service will be there when you get back. Worst case and even if you need a new eSIM to use at Public Mobile, a new Public Mobile eSIM for existing Public Mobile customers who are already using an eSIM are free.

jennyatdb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was going to purchase an eSim from another carrier to use in SE Asia and Japan.

@jennyatdb wrote:

If I purchase an e-Sim before I travel, can I continue to use it when I return?  Can I use my iPhone for texting internationally?

Are you thinking about signing up to Public Mobile using an eSIM and want to travel while using the Publci Mobile service?  Keep in mind that Public Mobile only offers roaming in the United States.

or are you thinking about buying and eSIM from another carrier to use while you're travelling?

Need Help? Let's chat.