cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSDS re eSIM & physical SIM

marie60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Google Pixel 8 phone.  My PM account is set up with a physical sim.  Will be travelling to New Zealand, and adding a local eSIM (not a physical sim).  NZ provider says to ensure my local provider (PM) is DSDS capable.  I can't find anything anywhere despite multiple searches.  Please help.   

5 REPLIES 5

@marie60  DS stands for dual sim ? If so I think PM capable as you can have two PM accounts on one phone one with eSIM and another on physical sim 

marie60

Thanks!  I was trying to not have to remove the physical SIM when I added the eSIM.  Internet searched indicated my Canadian provider (PM) would need to have the DSDS capability even though it wasn't going to be used.

marie60

Thanks!  I was trying to not have to remove the physical SIM when I added the eSIM.  Internet searched indicated my Canadian provider (PM) would need to have the DSDS capability even though it wasn't going to be used.  Also, thanks for the tip re Airalo - it was my number one choice until I realized there were no text / phone plans for short term travellers, only data.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @marie60 

you don't really need to care about the PM sim when you are travel to NZ as PM sim card will not be useful.  If you like you can actually remove it 

and for travel esim, did you also check Airalo? Good deals there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@marie60 PM will not work in New Zealand , so that said not sure why  PM needs to be capable for phone to work in your destination . So you could just use local pre paid SIM card from New Zealand also as PM wont work there anyways 

Need Help? Let's chat.