cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy signal when someone from a landline is calling my number

Suganglittle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What's up I have had great service for 2 years now.  But starting this morning people that call me from a landline  get a busy signal.  This is also happening to friend that was set up on PM at The beginning of The year

17 REPLIES 17

@esjliv wrote:

@Suganglittle ,

Ensure this is not the issue:

"Anonymous call blocking or caller ID blocking can cause a fast busy signal. If someone is getting this signal when they try to call you, check your phone settings to make sure they aren't blocked. If you're getting this signal when you call someone else, ask them to check their settings and unblock your number."

Is that quote from the help articles? Someone blocking a person would not in itself cause the caller to hear a fast busy signal. This is because Public Mobile does not offer this as a service or network feature and any blocking woudl be done by the software of the phone device.  A customer who is blocking calls such as "caller ID unavailable" or calls not saved in the contact list are simply sent directly to voicemail.  A busy signal would normally only happen if two people are directed there at the same time.  So, while someone who is blocked could possibly hear a busy signal, I wouldn't say that it's because of being blocked.

Suganglittle

Just an update to my phone issues.  Public Mobile was quick to contact me, but it seems that today is another day and the issue is no longer an issue, calls are now going thru just fine.  For those who are frustrated and not contacting help, contact them, the team that tried to help me were great!

@Suganglittle 

Just to eliminate any call forwarding settings having been misconfigured, dial the following two codes to reset:

##21# - resets any unconditional call forwarding

##004# resets any conditional call forwarding (default is voicemail)

Afterwards, test calling from landline again. Also test calling with the Public Mobile phone OFF or in airplane mode to see if there is any difference in behaviour.

Suganglittle

I can call the landline with no issues.  I dont know anyone with a different service to check

@Suganglittle 

Can you call out to the landline that calls you and gets busy signal?

Also, what happens when other landlines call you from providers other than Bell  -or-  from a location other than where the original Bell caller is calling you from (if you can easily determine that...)?

Suganglittle

I sent a message to moderator 

@Suganglittle wrote:

Not blocked and like I said the first time my friend on Public is having the same issue

@Suganglittle    If you've tried the other suggestions, another one to try is the lost/stolen trick, log into your account, select Plans/Add-ons, Phone Lost/Stolen, Suspend Service, log out and couple of mins log back and this time Resume Service and restart your phone.

It may reset your account and phone service, although it's odd that it's also happening to your friend.  If nothing helps then contact moderators as suggested earlier.

Suganglittle

Not blocked and like I said the first time my friend on Public is having the same issue

@Suganglittle ,

Ensure this is not the issue:

"Anonymous call blocking or caller ID blocking can cause a fast busy signal. If someone is getting this signal when they try to call you, check your phone settings to make sure they aren't blocked. If you're getting this signal when you call someone else, ask them to check their settings and unblock your number."

@Suganglittle ,

If the Bell Landline can call other cell providers successfully then i would inquire with PM Moderators. It is a weird one, but maybe something changed in the background provisioning or something.

Let us know what happens, if you can, this is curious.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Suganglittle

Yes to both

Suganglittle

Yes she is

@Suganglittle wrote:

Not an issue with my phone since my friend is having the same issue.  The only people i know with a landline have bell

Is your friend a Public Mobile customer as well?

Can this Bell landline call other cell providers with success?

Suganglittle

Not an issue with my phone since my friend is having the same issue.  The only people i know with a landline have bell

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

So, other people calling you are ok?  

First, did you try reboot your phone?  I suggest you to take the SIM out, wait a minute and then put it back and start up the phone again

Also, your friend on landline, is your friend on traditional Bell landline service or other VoIP service?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire
@Suganglittle wrote:

What's up I have had great service for 2 years now.  But starting this morning people that call me from a landline  get a busy signal.  This is also happening to friend that was set up on PM at The beginning of The year

@Suganglittle ,

But other callers from cell phones can reach you?

Seems more like an issue from the callers end...are there more than one landlines that this happens with?

Things to try on your end to see if there is any improvement:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Does the same thing happen if you try your SIM in another phone?

You could ask the Moderators about it, but not sure what they could do - but you never know?

@Suganglittle wrote:

This type of thying can be difficult to diagnose because often what happen is that the two carriers involved point the finger at each other. For an outgoing call, a busy signal could indicatie a network capacity issue, but that's probably not the case here because the person calling you should stil reach your voicemail.  It is possible for some to receive a busy signal when calling you if someone happens to call you at the same time as someone else is leaving you message and you're already on a call.  Is this all the time that this happens when someone calls from a landline? And is is always from the same landline carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.