cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing over old number to existing PM account

Ella_w
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently am a PM subscriber using an eSIM as well as subscribed to another service using a SIM. 

I don't need the two numbers/accounts anymore, so I want to bring over my old number from the other service to PM, and 'cancel' my current PM number to replace with the other one. 

I know this is convoluted, it's just because I'm lazy and don't want the hassle of changing my phone number for every account I have, if I can help it. 

Does anyone know if that's possible?

5 REPLIES 5

HI @Ella_w 

you can remove the Autopay from the account that is going to renew sooner, in 2 weeks.  The account just not renewed and not "canelled"

Then you can use your other number for the last 2 weeks..  And that second account you want to give up?  If you are, disable the autopay as well

then when you are ready, login to the My Account of the account you want to port in a number from another carrier  pay and resume service if it is suspended, then go to Profile and request Transfer number

Ella_w
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the help. That does seem the most direct and easy way about this. 

My subscription cycle for my current PM number (the one I don't want to keep) will end about two weeks before the one for my other number, for which I've been using up the money in the account these last few months. 

If I cancel my current subscription with PM before it renews for another month, keeping just the other number for the last two weeks - will my PM account get deleted or anything? Will I have to approach the new number port in as a "new customer", or will my PM account just be put on standby, with no active subscription? Will I be able to access it as an existing customer when I begin my new subscription with the newly transferred number? 

Thanks all!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ella_w  If both accounts are Public mobile account you can’t do this . Only if the the number you want to port in is from another provider then you can do this in your account profile page you will see transfer number . And just use the old providers account number and not the IMEI as it’s not needed . Leaving the old providers SIM card in phone to reply YES  to the confirmation text to port 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ella_w 

here's some pointers on how to proceed if you wanna port a previous network number in to your PM account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ella_w 

If you go into the account portal for your PM Account, go to profile, and you’ll see an option to transfer a number. You’ll be able to use this to port the number from the one account to the PM account that you intend on keeping. 

Remember to keep the other account active while this is happening. Keep your old sim in your phone to respond yes to a text authorizing the port to take place. Once the old sim loses service this is your sign to switch to your PM sim and reboot your device.

Need Help? Let's chat.