cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring over my old number

Hadi3h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a Public Mobile customer. I didn't use the SIM card for a year. Now, I have bought a new Public Mobile SIM card, and I activated the SIM card with a different number. But, I cannot bring my old number. It says the number is not valid in Canada. How can I bring my old number?

16 REPLIES 16

Hadi3h

@dust2dustThanks for your reply. I have submitted a ticket as @softech suggested, and I will wait to see PM's response first. If I couldn't get back the old number, I will try your solution. I appreciate your help.

I tried those 6 digits plus several different random 4 digits in that Koodo link and it said it could transfer fine. My assumption would be that all 9999 variations would be the same.

But no the 6 digits belong to the Rogers family. You would have to start an account with them and see if they can get you that number back. Then do what you want with the number.

dust2dust_0-1649481019567.png

Hadi3h

@softechI appreciate your help. I am contacting PM by submitting a ticket to see if I can recover my old.

@Hadi3h wrote:

it said "Your request couldn't be completed. Please re-enter the 10 digit mobile phone number or call at 1-866-99-Koodo for assistance".

I have not try calling Koodo yet.

306 241 xxxx    from Saskatoon.

@Hadi3h   306-241-xxxx are  numbers owned by Rogers and not PM or Telus.  Look like you had an account with Rogers/Fido/Chatr and you ported in this number 

If you had this number with Public Mobile before but the account was closed, This number would have returned back to Rogers and PM Support would NOT be able to assign this number back to you even though they want to help.   You have to  discuss with Rogers/Fido rep to see if they can assign you this number if you join them.  

Hadi3h

it said "Your request couldn't be completed. Please re-enter the 10 digit mobile phone number or call at 1-866-99-Koodo for assistance".

I have not try calling Koodo yet.

306 241 xxxx    from Saskatoon.

Hadi3h

The previous account was at PM, and it is not active.

@Hadi3h wrote:

What do you mean by outside chance?
The number is not in service. I don't know why I cannot request the old number when nobody uses the number at this moment.

@Hadi3h   it is an  "outside chance" because provider usually don't just assign any number we like, even though the number is not taken.   All providers are like this.  They might do it as a favour.   

Luckily your number was originally from Public Mobile, so it is possible that they might help.   you will need to open a ticket with PM Support and explain the situation with them and hope they can accommodate.  to open the ticket:

1. If you have access to My account: Click on the bubble on the lower right or https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Hadi3h

What do you mean by outside chance?
The number is not in service. I don't know why I cannot request the old number when nobody uses the number at this moment.

Hadi3h

It was from Public Mobile.
I tried the link you mentioned above, but it says the request couldn't be completed. Even I called the old number, and it says that the number is not in service.

It could be in suspension. Did you use that Koodo link and it said invalid?

Please give us the first 6 digits of the number if you don't mind sharing its location.

Hadi3h

My old number was From PM. 

I used the link, but it says that my request couldn't be completed.

I know that no one took the old number since when I call that number it says it is not in service. 

Hadi3h

What do you mean by an outside chance?

The number is still out of service, means no one holds that number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did not have service with any provider for a year or so and you did not pay your bill at other provider, most likely you do not have active mobile number.

You have to have active account at any provider in order to port it to PM.

Who was your previous provider? Is that 'previoes' account still active?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Have an outside chance to maybe recover it if it's available... But sounds like it isn't.. After 90 days you lose it and it goes bakc into general pool essentially. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Where was your old number from?

Check it here to see if it can be brought in to the Telus family.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

@Hadi3h wrote:

I was a Public Mobile customer. I didn't use the SIM card for a year. Now, I have bought a new Public Mobile SIM card, and I activated the SIM card with a different number. But, I cannot bring my old number. It says the number is not valid in Canada. How can I bring my old number?

The number porting option is for transfering a phone number from another carrier.  Sorry, but your number is gone as a phone number that you are no longer using cannot be transfered in, nor is possible to transfer a phone number from Public Mobile to Public Mobile.  When your past Public Mobile account was closed, all rights to that phone number were lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.