cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Plan $35 for 20 GB

gauravtuli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I recently saw a plan for $55 with a $20 credit for 20GB of data. I opted for the plan but under the payments tab, I am being shown the full amount of $55 to be paid on renewal and the $20 credit is not showing. I am upgrading from an existing plan.

I did apply the code and was shown the credit while selecting the plan but it isn't showing under payments anymore. 

Any idea why it is not showing or if I will be charged the correct amount?

"

#blackfriday

12 REPLIES 12

gauravtuli

You are right. I raised a ticket and was told that it is only for new customers. Since, they care about new customers and not existing ones, I am planning to switch my network provider and get the benefits from somewhere else. 

gauravtuli

So I have a screenshot but after raising a ticket, I was informed that the plan is only for new customers which is not fair and shows loyalty means nothing to public mobile. I am looking at other providers providing similar offers and planning to switch my network provider. Loyalty means nothing, I would rather save $'s.

gauravtuli

So apparently Public mobile is lying. CS chat support told me that $20 credit will be for existing customers as well but the support ticket said it is not for existing customers. SO in this case, since they dont care about customer retention, is it the best to just switch networks and get a better deal? 

jody4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

Its says only for new customers 

H0P

Actually, there is a subtle difference in their statements when you compare this promo to another one that was intended for new customers only.

For the $35/20GB promo, they stated in their announcement, "This offer is available to new customers who activate online. Rules and conditions may apply.". They did not say, it is 'only' for new customers, but rather can be understood that new customers are able to go for this promo.

In contrast, for the 12GB promotion, it is stated in its announcement, "This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions may apply.".

To back up my point,

If an existing customer applies the promo code '20OFFMONTHLY' on the $55/20GB plan, it is accepted.

However, if an existing customer applies the promo code '12MONTHS12GB' on eligible plans, it is rejected as an invalid promotion code.

The difference between these 2 promotions? The subtle omission of 'only', in the case of the $35/20GB promo.

EDIT: Apparently it is stated that it is "Available for new customers only" under the offer details of the plan.

@gauravtuli wrote:

Thank you. Yes, the code was applied successfully. I initiated a chat with them and was informed that while this was for new customers only, the offer has been extended to existing customers as well.

I do not believe that you have been given correct information. Customer support agents are in an entirely different department from those who make these decisions.  The person who is responsible for communicating with the Community about these offers has very clearly stated that this offer is only for new activations.  I will admit that I believe it's very likely that existing customers will get the credits, but that isn't because the offer has been "extended" but rather because of an oversight by Public Mobile in the implemenation of the promo code.

@gauravtuli   do you mind to post the reply of the CS agent ?  Many members have changed to this plan now, just want to have your reply from PM Support as a proof for everyone, just in case.

🙂

gauravtuli

Thank you. Yes, the code was applied successfully. I initiated a chat with them and was informed that while this was for new customers only, the offer has been extended to existing customers as well.

gauravtuli

Thanks for the response. I initiated a chat with them and was informed that while this was for new customers only, the offer has been extended to existing customers as well.

@will13am wrote:

@gauravtuli , did you apply the promo code with success?  I am guessing it will work even though the discount doesn't show in the payments.  It works for immediate renewal and so should be the same for scheduled renewal. 

All information provided by Public Mobile says that this offer is only for new customers.  Anyone trying this code knowing that they're not new customers really wouldn't have any basis for complaint if the credit doesn't come, although I certainly don't blame existing customers for trying.  I wouldn't suggest openly discussing it though, as this opens up this error being either corrected or retroactively removing future credits from customres who aren't eligible.  While that's unlikely, carriers have occassionally performed those types of account audits in the past.  As for the advertised offer, these types of promotions usually have the customer paying full price during activation and then the credit comes at a later time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gauravtuli , did you apply the promo code with success?  I am guessing it will work even though the discount doesn't show in the payments.  It works for immediate renewal and so should be the same for scheduled renewal. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gauravtuli   It’s supposed to be for new customers only.. but apparently works if you do and immediate plan change.. hard to say at this point if plan changes will be honoured .. the20 does come off if you do immediately change 

Need Help? Let's chat.