cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time upgrade 5G plan

Fdrcamb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m looking to upgrade from 25 month 1gb, are the current offers worth it or should l wait, for a better one, also I’m with old reward system which want to keep, will upgrading still honour it. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Fdrcamb , shop for a plan that meets the needs first and then look at pricing.  It is very evident that bigger data bucket plans have the better pricing per GB data.  Big gig plans are not always needed.  If you are content with the current plan, why change?  If you willing to pay a little more for more data, the $102/60GB/90 day plan is the closest in pricing.  For $9 more per 30 day cycle, you will get a whole lot more data.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Fdrcamb 

you can change plans every month if you wish. I'd suggest you find a plan that you think fits your lifestyle...test drive it....then upgrade or downgrade to any currently offered plan. If you travel to US frequently...there's even a plan for use in Canada AND US.

You won't lose your legacy Rewards...unless you voluntarily opt for Points instead. **HINT... don't ever opt for Points.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fdrcamb 

Cell phone deals change almost every month so you can change your plan now and if there is a better deal in the future…you can change it then (BF, BD or Christmas).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Fdrcamb 

Black Friday is coming in couple weeks, then Boxing day.  Last year Black Friday had lots of great deals with different carriers and PM had no choice but follow, so, keep an eye on that

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Fdrcamb 

similar to others, I would recommend switching on the next renewal to the plan you desire, and if in future, there are any better offerings, you can always do the same again.

There’s no limit to how many times you can switch plans when better options arise.

Just make sure to always choose to switch the plan on the next renewal and do not ever switch to public points unless you want less value for your money

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fdrcamb 

first, you won't got changed to the new rewards system with plan change, so, no worries no that

And, for the plans, it's hard to say, PM has been bringing out many new and good plans this year, so, we never know if more new and better ones will be coming.  But you can always change to another plan if you see a better one

Just a reminder, use Change on Renewal option if you don't need the new plan immediately

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, if you wait there is no guarantee that the offers will get better. The current plans are still the best out of all the pre-paid service providers. And your rewards system will not change if you change plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.