cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices (Not a Question)

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM should provide some best practices to users when they sign up to avoid many of 'issues' customers face.

Here are some that would address majority of the issues:

LOGGING IN:

• Do not use email that could change (work email, internet provider email, etc)
  • Do not use SMS as the only option 2FA for email used for logging in  (better use some TOTP apps)
  • Write down your login info (email and password)
  • Write down your PIN, Secret Question and Account Number
  • Login at least once to make sure you have all info (don't wait till you have an issue then realize you cannot login)
  • Use unique email address per account (No Family Accounts)

OTHER INFO:

• PM has 30 Day Billing Period (so your due date will change)
  • It is Pre-Paid Service
    • No Refunds in general (you may ask Customer Service for exception)
    • No Extra Charge (if it works, you already paid for it)
    • No-Roaming in other countries except USA (even that one has some issues)
  • Autopay might fail (either prepay manually before due date or ensure you got charged to avoid service cut off)
  • International minutes are for calling FROM Canada, not when roaming

I'm sure there are others ,but this would cover a lot of questions asked in this forum

6 REPLIES 6

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Camera4617 

Excellent work!! I have done similar for my referals. But you know.....some of us are "on It" and some never will, no matter how much we try to help....sad to say. 

Add any of the below to yours if you  like. 

• You need an alternate phone number

• Referral Code (not mandatory, but $10 off second billing will occur if you

use one)

• A forever email address to set up and access your account.

• A password for your My Account.

• A security question and answer.

• 4-digit PIN number.

• Start Date.

• Your new or ported mobile phone number

• A record of all the above either by screen print or writing it down and

storing in a safe place.

Or I can do one of my famous excel reference sheets and post....but will only be deep sixed.   

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

And call out the cache issue!

Camera4617

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Camera4617 wrote:

Those who enabled it know.. Those who don't know what that is, probably did not enable anyway. 

Are you referring to the 2FA to log into My Account? As far as I remember since the new interface is running the first log-in is mandatory 2FA to phone or e-mail, then you can disable it in the account? It's been a bit though, so I might be wrong.

I'm talking more about 2FA for email and MyAccount combo. If your service stops working (cannot get SMS) your other option is to use email to in which you might not be able to login as you use SMS, then you will have problem as you might not be able to login into email (of course, you could be already authenticated in some of your email clients). These are just 'best practices' and not necessary will fit all use cases.  

@Camera4617 wrote:

Those who enabled it know.. Those who don't know what that is, probably did not enable anyway. 

Are you referring to the 2FA to log into My Account? As far as I remember since the new interface is running the first log-in is mandatory 2FA to phone or e-mail, then you can disable it in the account? It's been a bit though, so I might be wrong.

Camera4617

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Camera4617 Those are good suggestions!

I know for sure someone will not like write down the password idea

2FA is still new to many, still many don't know and don't aware the TOTP app you talked about

Need Help? Let's chat.