cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell phone number transfer failed

ATepavac1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bell has a 20-digit SIM card that doesn't seem to be recognized by Public - what should I do to successfully transfer over from Bell to Public?

8 REPLIES 8

@ATepavac1 wrote:

Thanks all for the help - clearly I've been an idiot 😑 

@ATepavac1 - if you haven't ported out from one provider to another before, I can see how you may not know this. No biggie. You got your answers here so you can now proceed. 🙂

Public Mobile SIM cards have 19 digits, so when you obtain a new one (never before used one), you will be able to enter this successfully in he activation pages.

Although sometimes purchasing and ordering public mobile SIM cards can take some time to be delivered through the mail, sometimes they can land on your doorstep within 5-7 working days. So I am comfortable suggesting to go through the public mobile site.

If there is a long delay or issue, Customer Support should sent out more to you or reimburse you.

https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

Plus, they are currently 2 for the price of 1.

esjliv_0-1674079441769.png

link2475

Hi Tepavac1,

Before doing anything, I want to emphasize that to keep your phone number from Bell, do not cancel your plan first.

As everyone else here said, you need to get a public mobile sim. I got mine from a koodo kiosk in the mall. Like everyone said, it can be hit or miss if they are actually there.

Then follow the instructions online to create an account and activate the sim. There will be an option to transfer your number over from Bell.

For more detailed instructions, check out this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/What-is-the-process-to-transfer-a-phone-n...

When I transferred (from Koodo) it did not go through, so don't hesitate to contact support and they can help you through the process. Be prepared as mine took about 1-2 days of talking to the agent/waiting for the account transfer to go through.

@ATepavac1   no worry, we are here to help. 

So, you got your PM sim card yet?  Again, get the PM sim card from local Telus/Koodo stores, but call them ahead before you go as not every store has it

@ATepavac1 

No, you have not been an idiot.

Public mobile doesn’t make things overly easy for customers moving here. There are usually some hiccups when starting out, but once you’re past the activation and porting, things are usually smooth sailing here.

welcome aboard!

ATepavac1

Thanks all for the help - clearly I've been an idiot 😑 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ATepavac1 

Are you attempting to insert your bell SIM card number into the activation field on the public mobile activation website?

That won’t work.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ATepavac1 You need a public mobile SIM card.. you can’t transfer a bell sim.. phone number yes sim no

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ATepavac1   you don't use the Bell sim card on PM

You need a PM sim card to activate PM account.  Please buy your Pm sim card from a local Telus or Koodo store or buy it from Amazon. Do not buy from PM online as it could take long to deliver

once you got the PM sim card, you activate the PM account at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/.  During the activation process, you enter your Bell phone number as well as the account number for porting information

Once activation completed , still have the old provider (Bell) sim card in your phone.  Bell will send you a SMS and ask your permission for the porting.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins for the porting to complete

Once replied yes, you can put your PM sim card in a phone and wait for incoming calls to come.  Reboot your phone ever 30 mins and test incoming call from another line.  If incoming call reaches your PM sim card, then the Porting is completed

Need Help? Let's chat.