cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being overcharged

Ash15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm supposed to be paying $25 per month, however I am being charged $27.30 per month. 

($25 even with tax added is only $26.25.) Can someone please help me get this taken care of! I have been over charged for quite some time, not good!

14 REPLIES 14

@Blindswordsman wrote:

My plan is 25/month and I have set up pre authorized payment. I thought I have some discount due to such arrange but instead I have been charged 28.00/month tax included.  I been trying to resolve this for months but I cannot find anybody from Public Mobile and the chating on the web is useless.  It makes me very frustrated!!

Can any one suggest me how to resolve this issue. Many thanks.

Don't forget that $25 is before tax. After 12% tax, it becomes $28.

As others have already written, the new rewards system doesn't take money off your bill automatically. You have to login and redeem your points for money off your bill, or discounted add-ons.

@Blindswordsman- Did you see some mention somewhere in a welcome email or receipt or pop up or something that said something about a discount for setting up pre-authorized payment?

@Blindswordsman 

subscribers joined after Jan 25,2022 are all on the new rewards system, Public Points.  With this new rewards program, subscribers are getting 5% points back for all spending with PM instead of $2 Autopay discount. Collect to 15 points and you can redeem for $15 bill credit

If you still want to discuss with PM support, message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@

Blindswordsman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is 25/month and I have set up pre authorized payment. I thought I have some discount due to such arrange but instead I have been charged 28.00/month tax included.  I been trying to resolve this for months but I cannot find anybody from Public Mobile and the chating on the web is useless.  It makes me very frustrated!!

Can any one suggest me how to resolve this issue. Many thanks.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 Sorry, not the Payment History, but the Payments tab, it shows me a break down of charges for the upcoming month including itemized taxes. And if combined with the Payments History to account for any variations in plan or rewards, you should be able to decipher things. Certainly not simple and straightforward.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That would definitely go a long way in making sense of this because usually it is not a case of being overcharged, it is the correct amount once you take the taxes (in your area) and rewards, etc.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We need more information.  Maybe a screenshot of your plan or payment history.  

@dust2dust wrote:

I get 26 * 1.05 = 27.3. So yes, what plan are you on? Is your area code from AB? How long have you been here?

This could be a $30 plan with $2 autopay & $2 loyalty discounted. Territories are also no PST -- GST only.

If @Ash15 is expecting 3 referrals, maybe 1 of them has left, making it 26. All only edugated guesses until we know more. 😁

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I get 26 * 1.05 = 27.3. So yes, what plan are you on? Is your area code from AB? How long have you been here?

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Ash15 

If you have an Alberta area code then you will be charge just GST but if your area code is outside of Alberta then PST is also added.

There isn't any combination of GST+PST or HST that would total 9.2%.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ash15 

If you have an Alberta area code then you will be charge just GST but if your area code is outside of Alberta then PST is also added.

@umnikke8 wrote:

Did you go into your account online and look at the payment history breakdown and see if there was something obvious? See if the correct taxes are being charged, if there is an additional fee like 911 or something, etc.

The payment history in the Self Serve account willl not give any indication of taxes charged.  Also, Public Mobile does not add any such fees.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you go into your account online and look at the payment history breakdown and see if there was something obvious? See if the correct taxes are being charged, if there is an additional fee like 911 or something, etc.

@Ash15 wrote:

I'm supposed to be paying $25 per month, however I am being charged $27.30 per month. 

($25 even with tax added is only $26.25.) Can someone please help me get this taken care of! I have been over charged for quite some time, not good!

That amount would seem to be $25 +GST.  Are you on a plan that is more exensive than $25 per 30 days but have rewards that lower your price?  Those rewards can change from renewal to renewal if one of your referrals has changed carriers or if you earn a different Community reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.