cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay problem

angeles18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I forgot to cancel my Autopay and I have been charged today. I am abroad and not going to be using this phone number 236-xxx-xxxx at the moment.

Is there a way to cancel this last payment made today and get a refund?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Angeles

Edit by Dunkman:_ removed personal information

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@angeles18 

Unfortunately the member who posted you could get a refund if you cancelled your service is completely wrong. There are no refunds on prepaid plans.

What plan are you currently on? You could try contacting customer support and explaining what happened. If you are on a higher priced plan like $40+ the CSA may take that into consideration and change your plan to the $15 plan and credit the balance to your account. This is very YMMV so don't expect it but it can't hurt to ask if it's possible.

Either way suspend your services before midnight eastern on day 30 of your plan cycle. This will keep your voicemail active so you can check your messages if need be by using a voip app like textnow or fongo.

Then make sure you reactivate your service by resuming your service via lost/stolen, changing your plan up or down if needed and then paying to renew your service. Suspend again on day 30 if you are still away......just remember to contact customer support to apply your rewards manually after you pay and reactivate if you have suspended your account via lost/stolen.

Additional info on options for your account and service. Some only apply before you leave Canada but you will know for future reference.

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@angeles18 : The policy, and with many pre-paid providers, is no refunds. It's easy to cancel altogether...just stop paying. The account will go into suspension for 90 days and then after that it will drop off the rolls killing the SIM and your number and any funds and accumulated rewards.

@angeles18   PM is prepaid service and do not provide refund

Have you login to My Account and disable Autopay yet?  Please do it now.  (Or you can dial *611 to disable if you remember the PIN)

angeles18

Could I get a refund if I cancel my account altogether? How can I do it?

Thanks for helping me. 

angeles18

So could I get a refund if I cancel my account altogether? How can I do it?

Thanks for helping me. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@angeles18   Use the downward arrow on your post to edit/delete your phone number as you're posting on a public forum.

Unfortunately, as already mentioned, PM is prepaid so there's no way to get a refund even if you are not currently using your phone service.  Hopefully, you've now removed your payment card or disabled autopay until your return.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It can be impossible to get refunds as PM is a prepaid service. Refunds can take up to 3-4 weeks if you really want a refund. I personally recommend leaving the credits in your account and suspending your account until you return to Canada. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do not think you will be able to receive credit/refund after payment has been processed.

If you want to keep your number but temporary not to pay for PM service, suspend your service ASAP. You can be suspended for 90 day and after that your account will be closed.

You should log in around 85th day and restore service.

Yummy_0-1642875496225.png

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@angeles18 

I'm afraid the only way to reverse the payment would be if you wanted to cancel your account altogether.

You're welcome to reach out to CS_Agent by private message with your account details just to make sure there isn't something special that they can do for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.