cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended but I've paid and reactivated

jdosso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in charge of my mother's account and recently her credit card expired so her automatic payment didn't work and her account was suspended. I updated her credit card info and made a payment but the plan has not re-activated. It says a payment has been made in payment history, and when I try to make another payment it says nothing is due, but it continues to say that the account is suspended until we pay and reactivate. It's like there's a glitch in the website or something. 

Suggestions? 

Thanks J

13 REPLIES 13

@jdosso   Glad it works!!  Yes, a different card could help and it did in this case 🙂

jdosso

Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up registering a different credit card and for some reason it accepted a payment from it and the account was re-activated. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jdosso 

Does the amount in your available funds of your balance equal or exceed the plan amount?

If it does then following my instructions to suspend via lost/stolen should force the payment system to take the payment and reactivate.

If not....do you know the 4 digit account pin #? If so then make the minimum preset credit card payment you can make thru 611 on the phone or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter the 10 digit phone number and follow the prompts to make the credit card payment. This will reactivate the plan as long as the accounts available funds exceed the plan amount and the service is not in suspended status via lost/stolen.

If you used lost/stolen to suspend service you did go back and resume service afterwards? Yes?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would help us help you if you posted a screenshot of the left side of your overview page.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jdosso    Only customer support will be able to help you now so use the links provided in the earlier posts to submit a ticket or private message to them.  Good luck.

jdosso

In addition to my previous description I'd like to add that when I initially tried to make a payment it allowed me to, and the account remained suspended. Since then I have tried again to make more payments after re-booting the phone to see if that helps but now the "submit" button of making a payment is not active and it won't let me submit anything. 

I'm stumped!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jdosso were you able to load fund into the account?  If so, do you see the money sitting as Available Fund on My Account?

Anyway,  I guess it is time to open ticket with PM support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply and work with you via messaging there

jdosso

Thanks for your replies. I've tried everything suggested and the problem persists! Any other suggestions?

Snakeeyes-2022
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I believe that if you turn off the phone by shutting it down and reboot it when it returns and picks up Public Mobile again it should work on your paid account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdosso 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or Suspended and your services are working,

just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )
  • you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra
  • Click ‘Submit’,
  • after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
  • and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

@jdosso 

You need to go to the plans or usage page. Click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend her service. Log out/in. Resume her service. The account should automatically reactivate and the plan amount be reflected in the transaction history with today's date. You may want to wait til 12 midnight eastern so you don't pay for the last 20 minutes of today but start day 1 on January 10th instead.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jdosso   Logoff My Account and reboot the phone and see if service is working

If not, try to login and pay $1 more via "Other" instead of "Amount Due", once that $1 is paid, click "Reactivate current plan" if there is one.   Then again, logoff My Account and reboot the phone.

@jdosso wrote:

I am in charge of my mother's account and recently her credit card expired so her automatic payment didn't work and her account was suspended. I updated her credit card info and made a payment but the plan has not re-activated. It says a payment has been made in payment history, and when I try to make another payment it says nothing is due, but it continues to say that the account is suspended until we pay and reactivate. It's like there's a glitch in the website or something. 

Sometimes, there can be delay from when a payment is made and when the plan renews. The service should start working shortly.

Need Help? Let's chat.