cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay/Getting into account

melquiades
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I have a somewhat unique situation. I switched over to a new carrier today, but I was a Public autopay customer before this. I have a bill due in early July that I wanted to settle up before disabling my autopay on the account. The problem is that when I try to log in to the account I get a "login failed" message. I use a password manager, so it's not that I've forgotten the email/password. I tried to reset my password, but when I'm at the verification stage I get another "login failed" message. I've never had problems logging in before right now (I logged in when I was at the other provider earlier to give them the account number). Now it's like my account never existed. Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6

melquiades
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @dabr (and everyone else who replied). This puts my mind at ease. I'll keep an eye on my credit card just in case.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@melquiades   Sound like you have you ported your number with you to the new carrier.  Account is closed now and you should be good

Just monitor your credit card, PM would not be charging you again.  Just in case it does (it has hiccup occasionally), just message PM Support and they can easily fix it.  Again, 99% of the time, there is no such trouble  

Enjoy your new service.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@melquiades hi your account is closed as soon as you port you have no upcoming bills with Public this is a prepaid service 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@melquiades , you are always paid up with this service because it is prepaid.  If you have transferred out, there is nothing else to do.  The account will have closed.  Be careful of additional future charges though.  Sometimes the auto pay can glitch and continue to charge your payment card.  If that happens you can come back and seek a charge reversal through the CSAs.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @melquiades   You ported your phone number away?  If you did, once ported, your account with PM will be closed permanently.  This is part of the porting   🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@melquiades   If you've ported out, then there is no bill to settle as PM is prepaid and you've already paid for your current cycle.  Keep an eye on your payment card in case there is any erroneous charge, usually porting out will stop payments as well as losing access and closing the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.