cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else notice this?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Since I signed in a short while ago, I've noticed the little "Contact Moderator via SIMon" question mark HAS NOT been in the bottom, right corner of the screen.... most of the time. Every once in a while, it re-appears, but when I go back a page, or go to the main "Community" page, it disappears again..... it seems to be very random.

If this is happening for most other folks, it COULD potentially make it difficult for someone with an issue to contact a Mod, using advice from the Community, if the question mark icon isn't even there!

37 REPLIES 37

@popping wrote:

It is always on the botton right corner for me on my PC and by phone. 

When I typing on my phone, it moves above the input keyboard.  It is still remain at botton right corner of displayable area above the keyboard.

Same. And the Simon overlay is particularly obnoxious in the mobile keyboard window, it takes up a big chunk of valuable space which obscures typed text, I constantly have to scroll up/down and work around it. A useless frustration from a useless gadget, we should be given the option to disable it or reposition it, no reason for an aggressively persistent in-your-face script when a simple clicky link anywhere else on the page would work just as well when you want or need it.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder  Yes, I only ever use FF too and now that question mark icon has disappeared again from the Community page too, but it is consistently available on the Get Help page, at least for me.

Yeah, I JUST tried it, and it DOES seem to have no problem popping on the "Get Help" page here too, but disappears everywhere else.

Also just tried Chrome and see it available on Get Help and Community pages, but for how long? who knows:)

It shows up on Chrome more here too, but if you read the rest of the thread, it seems to be kind of "iffy" on other browsers too.

Yes it does seem to be a case of "now you see me" and "now you don't".   Another quirk/glitch of PM...oh well best to provide a link to it when suggesting to contact moderators to other users, until it's resolved at least:)

@dabr wrote:

@CannonFodder  Yes, I only ever use FF too and now that question mark icon has disappeared again from the Community page too, but it is consistently available on the Get Help page, at least for me.

Yeah, I JUST tried it, and it DOES seem to have no problem popping on the "Get Help" page here too, but disappears everywhere else.

Also just tried Chrome and see it available on Get Help and Community pages, but for how long? who knows:)

It shows up on Chrome more here too, but if you read the rest of the thread, it seems to be kind of "iffy" on other browsers too.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@dabr  But as my last post, right above yours..... which browser? I'm on Firefox, which I use 99% of the time, and I've only seen the ? a couple times so far today, whereas it used to be on EVERY page, all the time.

@dabr  But as my last post, right above yours..... which browser? I'm on Firefox, which I use 99% of the time, and I've only seen the ? a couple times so far today, whereas it used to be on EVERY page, all the time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CannonFodder wrote:

Since I signed in a short while ago, I've noticed the little "Contact Moderator via SIMon" question mark HAS NOT been in the bottom, right corner of the screen.... most of the time. Every once in a while, it re-appears, but when I go back a page, or go to the main "Community" page, it disappears again..... it seems to be very random.

If this is happening for most other folks, it COULD potentially make it difficult for someone with an issue to contact a Mod, using advice from the Community, if the question mark icon isn't even there!

@CannonFodderSorry, I know this is a late reply (haven't been here for awhile), but I just read your query and haven't read all the replies here either, but I have been noticing this for almost two weeks now.  The question mark icon has been missing (I made a reference to it in another post) and I am only able to see it on the Get Help page. 

Today (improvement) I can see it on the Community Forum page too, although it's not visible whilst typing this?   However, it is definitely not consistently available on all the pages.  Hopefully, PM gets it sorted soon:)

@JenL  Using which browser?

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CannonFodder at risk of jinxing myself...I have not encountered this issue. 

@pubmonewbie wrote:

No, not an issue for me so far as I've been checking.. Using Firefox on a PC system, I can see..

Is your Firefox up to date? I ask, because as I said earlier, I only noticed this today, after FF had an update yesterday. Given that others have had the same issue, with different browsers, it's obviously not JUST Firefox.

@darlicious wrote:

Can we just squash simon because he really bugs me!! Omg I just squashed him! Ah crap he's back!

🤣 🤣 🤣 

@NDesai wrote:

I cannot even make it disappear once. Tried chrome and edge. 

If any of you don't see it on desktop, go to Developer/Inspect Tool and see what possible errors preventing it from loading.

Any clues on what to look for? Just had a very quick peek in there, and nothing jumped out at me..... 🤔 

Oh, and I'm back on Firefox again, and the ? is nowhere to be seen.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No, Google Chrome on Windows 10 computer.

Loree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sometimes happend I think probably could be a system glitch, but when you try with other browser, usually it get fix. 

pubmonewbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, not an issue for me so far as I've been checking.. Using Firefox on a PC system, I can see.. Wait a minute, I think I have your question mark icon too! I stole it and I'm not giving it back!

Jokes. but yeah, not an issue. Good catch though, could be a bug to be addressed.

Can we just squash simon because he really bugs me!! Omg I just squashed him! Ah crap he's back!

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm using Firefox and Simon has been coming and going since the start of the week. PM needs to squash this bug.

I cannot even make it disappear once. Tried chrome and edge. 

If any of you don't see it on desktop, go to Developer/Inspect Tool and see what possible errors preventing it from loading.

Aaaaaand, this time I fired up Chrome, let it update, and the ? is on every page I've had open..... so far..... time to sign out, and try Firefox again.

Ok then, back with Firefox, and I've got the disappearing ? again..... 🙄 

@PatsyMcleod Please tell us how you dealt with it . Thanks.

@PatsyMcleod wrote:

I have the same problem but just learned to deal with it lol sorry can't help!!!

PatsyMcleod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem but just learned to deal with it lol sorry can't help!!!

I guess we better stop telling them to hit that button and just give the link.
We could also tell them to go to 'get help' in menu and click 'chat with Simon'
I've never seen ???? What question mark? But now I guess we can expect it, so better preemptively strike it down

No issue using Edge Chroming on desktop. Tested on Safari on iPhone and it only appears on the community home page. On Android using Kiwi browser, it was a hit an miss. 

Using Edge, the question mark is often missing. In mobile view in Chrome, it is in the way and prevents me from using some features of the website.

Right now, I am getting the disappearing ? behavior on a windows 10 desktop running firefox 73.0.  I am not seeing any problems on my phone.

I too am seeing this issue using Safari. It seems to always be there on the Community home page but hit and miss when on different post!

@CannonFodder  Tablet.....the phone very occasionally when I'm out and about and standing in line and need to kill sometime. It's love/hate relationship with technology. This tablet and I get along relatively well. The laptop I've already broken once....i haven't used it since its been repaired.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder @will13am  I am using Firefox and am not experiencing this issue. The question mark is always where it irritatingly  always is....in the way.

Which would make me think you're using it on a small screen device(tablet or phone)?

@CannonFodder @will13am  I am using Firefox and am not experiencing this issue. The question mark is always where it irritatingly  always is....in the way. This sounds like my issue with a blank browse section. I had to uninstall and reinstall Firefox to fix it.

@will13am wrote:

There must be a bug in the system.  I have consistently had the ? show up in the lower right corner.  I use mozilla and chrome based browsers with no differing outcome.  Today, the ? comes and goes. 

Aha, so I'm NOT the only one. As it turns out, I haven't even seen the ? for about 10 mins. now...... Edit - and then I hit the "Post" button, and it pops back on! Edit #2 - and then I hit the "Post" button for my previous edit, and it disappears again! 🙄 

So, @will13am  have you mentioned this to the higher-ups, or are we assuming SOMEONE will have seen this by now?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There must be a bug in the system.  I have consistently had the ? show up in the lower right corner.  I use mozilla and chrome based browsers with no differing outcome.  Today, the ? comes and goes. 

Need Help? Let's chat.