cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing plans. Scheduled date is after next payment

George1509
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am confused by the info showing regarding a scheduled change to my plan.

I have a $25 plan which shows next auto-pay  date of Oct 27.

I input a change last week to move from the $25 plan to a $10 plan.  This shows effective October 28.

I thought what would happen is my auto-renew payment would switch to $10 on my next payment date.    THe web site seems to show that I will pay one more payment of $25 before I switch.     Is this what will happen or am I confused?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@George1509 wrote:

THe web site seems to show that I will pay one more payment of $25 before I switch. 

For scheduled change, the one time payment amount on self serve site never updates until the new plan is active.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@George1509, you need to be careful with dates.  There are two dates shown in the self serve account.  One dates is the top up date which is the date that funds must be added for renewal if auto pay is not enabled.  The second date is the actual renewal date which is one day after the top up date.  As already mentioned there is a bug in the system that affects plan downgrades.  Top up $25 just to be on the safe side.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@George1509  Best to be safe and make a one time payment of $25 in your account. If you do an immediate plan change your rewards will not get processed and will be delayed. When entering the amount select the enter a custom amount option to avoid the "We are unable to process your payment" error.

Good luck. 🙂

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@George1509It is a well known bug, your balance will be charged $10. The display doesn't take into account that you will have a plan change.

However since you are downgrading your acount, I highly recommend doing a manual plan charge the day before. As downgrading plans when it is sheduled might get your account suspended.. yet another bug.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@George1509 sometimes the autopay goes thru for the 25$ and then takes 10$ to pay for the plan so it would leave you 15$ in your available funds to use for the next 2 months of bills

Need Help? Let's chat.