Am i able to use data all over Canada?

nuckz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

This is my plan.

• - 6GB Data
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

I am from Ontario and I’m going to BC for vacation. Just wondering if I will be able to use my phone in BC. I guess texting is fine, but what about data? is that country wide?

Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes you can use data anywhere in Canada as long as you have signal

@slash407 wrote:

im pretty sure it would all be under roaming, but the new plans have canada wide talk and text so im suprised u still have province wide 

Travelling around Canada isn't roaming.  Roaming only occurs when your phone connects to another carrier's network.

While some customers do have provincial talk plans, the customer still would not be roaming when going to a different province, although the outgoing phone numbers that could be called on such a plan would change based on that.

As for the data and texting, it makes no difference where in Canada that the customer is using the phone.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, You can download maps ahead of time with google maps over Wifi.

I case you are in an area (in the mountains) without coverage, the maps will still work, navigate, route ect.

In maps goto "off-line maps", then choose "make your own", select an area, "download". You can download many maps.

Bon Voyage

@nuckz wrote:

Thank you everyone for your help! 🙂 I’m glad I can use my data to access maps more than anything.

If maps is you primary concern you can also manually download the maps for BC onto your phone (Google Maps) so you will still have access to them even if data is not available

nuckz

Thank you everyone for your help! 🙂 I’m glad I can use my data to access maps more than anything.

nuckz

Yes, my original plan was $90 for 90 days and I’ve been on this plan for 3 years now with no changes so i am paying less than $75.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nuckz wrote:

Hello,

This is my plan.

• - 6GB Data

I am from Ontario and I’m going to BC for vacation. Just wondering if I will be able to use my phone in BC. I guess texting is fine, but what about data? is that country wide?

Thank you!

I have a similar plan as you but I also got the International Add-on for $15....gives me 400 minutes of talk to a bunch of different countries. Also can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada. After 2 years....I've used up 110 minutes of 400. Those 400 minutes don't expire until you use them up. Answer to your original question...data is Canada wide as well.Safe travels.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez slash407...you're being lapped by helpful new folks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nuckz wrote:

Hello,

This is my plan.

• - 6GB Data

Thank you!

@nuckz, data & texting will work without any issues. A good idea is to check your data usage online to make sure you will have enough while in BC Smiley Happy If you need to call back to ON while in BC you can use Hangouts Dialer or another similar app. Another option if you need to be reachable via phone is to purchase a $8.00 for 200 LD minute addon.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A couple of them are Province wide.

A 20$, 25$ and the 47$ LTE speed plan is province wide as well.

janvier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@slash407 wrote:

im pretty sure it would all be under roaming, but the new plans have canada wide talk and text so im suprised u still have province wide 

One of the current plans has province-wide talk.

janvier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yep, you should be able to wherever there are Bell/Telus towers.

1. @nuckz wrote:

I am paying $75 per 90 days and I have 4G. That would be great if it was Canada wide.

There must be rewards in play there because $75 for 90 days of calls, texts, and 6GB LTE would be much too low of a price otherwise.

nuckz

I am paying $75 per 90 days and I have 4G. That would be great if it was Canada wide.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@nuckz  How much are you paying for your plan? Is it 30 or 90 days? 3G or 4G? At some point they made most plans able to have canada-wide instead of provincial wide for the same price.

The current 6gb plan for $45, includes canada wide and a bonus 500mb data with autopay

45.png

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@nuckz wrote:

Hello,

This is my plan.

• - 6GB Data

Thank you!

@nuckz  Yes, you can use your features anywhere in Canada (while on the public mobile network), although your provincial talk will be in the province you are in. So normally you can call Ontario unlimited but not BC, so while you are in BC you will only be able to call BC unlimited. You may want to pick up a LD add-on or get a free voip calling app like fongo

Need Help? Let's chat.