cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 1 GB used, 4GB plan out of data

cspadijer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.

Pay for a 4 GB plan and havent had any issues with it until this month where it says I am out of data after 1 GB used.

My plan starts on the 17th and I counted up all the data from that date until now.  Just over 1 GB total.

Any idea what would cause this glitch and how to fix so I can get back the other 3 GB?

16 REPLIES 16

@Kim1971kim wrote:

Try logging out and shutting your phone off then log back into your account.

Sheesh; solved 2 days ago! https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/After-1-GB-used-4GB-plan-out-of-data/m-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try logging out and shutting your phone off then log back into your account.

@cspadijer  Whoops I guess you can ignore my post...thought I was at the end of the thread..or maybe I'm at the end of my tether? Anyway..try going thru each apps data usage or was

Firefox the sole culprit?  That little data hussy. Im going go check on her right now.

@darlicious wrote:

@cspadijer wrote:

Okay thanks.

Will give that a try.

Just wasnt sure if anyone else experiencing this. Seemed odd to me happened on 1st of month.

Chris

@cspadijer  There was a case a few weeks ago very similar to yours. The user was asking what data would be used first.....it was discovered that after renewal the data allotment  wasn't reset properly and they were using the bonus data instead of plan data. You definitely need a moderator to have someone look into what caused it and correct the "mechanics" of it so it doesn't occur again. They will replace your data bonus and restore your plan data and credit you if appropriate.

OP already confirmed that his phone inadvertently used all 5 GB.

Luckily there are no overages with Public Mobile.

@cspadijer wrote:

Okay thanks.

Will give that a try.

Just wasnt sure if anyone else experiencing this. Seemed odd to me happened on 1st of month.

Chris

@cspadijer  There was a case a few weeks ago very similar to yours. The user was asking what data would be used first.....it was discovered that after renewal the data allotment  wasn't reset properly and they were using the bonus data instead of plan data. You definitely need a moderator to have someone look into what caused it and correct the "mechanics" of it so it doesn't occur again. They will replace your data bonus and restore your plan data and credit you if appropriate.

cspadijer

Not sure will13am.

I havent been a member long.  New this year.

When I signed up I remember a customize option that I picked the max for everything.

One of the options was 4GB LTE.

cspadijer

Just as a follow up to my last post.

I cleared my browser cache and all history.

Then installed, ran full scan, then uninstalled three different virusscan products:

Kapersky, Avast, and AVG.

None of them found anything when I ran them.  So not sure what ran in my browser that downloaded 5 GB in one shot yesterday unless clearing the browser cache took care of the issue.

cspadijer

Okay interesting.

Good to know.

I checked my phone usage and I have a meter running at the start of each billing cycle. Forgot I set it up.

It does show I used 5 GB! I looked further into it and it almost all of it happened yesterday on Nov 1st.  I was at work all day, barely used my phone and when I did it was for phone calls.  Ran a few google searches.  Thats about it. The application that used up all the GB was my browser (Firefox).  Phone must have a virus or something.

So issue appears to be at my end.

My bad.

Thanks for the idea to check my phone as well.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cspadijer , just curious do you have an old legacy plan?  I don't recall any recent plan with 4GB data.  

@cspadijer 

There was an issue affecting some customers, their data counter wasn't being reset when their plan was being renewed. If you add up your consumption for the last 2 cycles, it may be the case with your plan. You can mention this issue to the Moderator.

Btw where did you count up the data? Was it via usage history pages on your self-serve account?
For comparison purposes, your phone may also be tracking data usage.

[Solution highlighted ..... Luddite]

cspadijer

Okay thanks.

Will give that a try.

Chris

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cspadijer wrote:

Doesnt show anything.

You are correct.

However if I traced through all 28 pages from Oct 17th - now of usage history and add it up the total isnt 5GB.  Its 1 GB.

We are PM subscribers like you.  Only moderator can access your account.

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Ask SIMon to "contact human" as question for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

cspadijer

No usage data shown as you stated.

However total usage if I total up the 28 pages is 1GB total since oct 17th when my plan renewed.  appears i only got 1 gb not 4 or 5.

cspadijer

Doesnt show anything.

You are correct.

However if I traced through all 28 pages from Oct 17th - now of usage history and add it up the total isnt 5GB.  Its 1 GB.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cspadijer wrote:

Hi.

Pay for a 4 GB plan and havent had any issues with it until this month where it says I am out of data after 1 GB used.

My plan starts on the 17th and I counted up all the data from that date until now.  Just over 1 GB total.

Any idea what would cause this glitch and how to fix so I can get back the other 3 GB?

What is the data usage line showing on your overview page after login?

I have a 5GB plan.  My data usage line shows that I used 2397MB data out of 5GB.  If you don't see the usage line, you had used all your data.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    1GB Promo
    697.544  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    2397.534  /  5120 MB

@cspadijer wrote:

Hi.

I am wondering if you had already run out of your 4GB before and were using the the free 1GB that was given to customers for free not long ago. If you log into your account, does it show any data still remaining on your account in the Data and Add-ons section?

Need Help? Let's chat.