cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons with plan change

calgary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a 3G plan and am thinking of moving to 4 or 5.  I've read in some forums that when one changes plans they lose Add-ons, etc.  For example, US L/D minutes and monthly discounts like Refer a Friend.

I also do not want to move to the Points program as I'm happy with my current discounts.  Does one have to convert to Points?

7 REPLIES 7

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@calgary Where did you read that? That exact question gets asked multiple times a day on this Community forum. Every day. You don't lose any of those discounts when changing plans. And no, you don't need to change to Public Points.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

With the unlimited data 5G plans some add-ons become "incompatible" such as the Christmas bonus data.  They're not gone and will be there waiting if you switch back to a plan where they are compatible again.  That happened to me when I switched from $15 at 3G but the international bonus calling minutes add-on remained usable.  As I think was already stated, you do not have to convert to points, it's just an option which is said to be better avoided as the old Rewards system is better.

calgary

Thanks, great answers.  I don't currently have a US minutes plan and am not planning on getting one.  For the one time every 5 yrs I'm in the States, don't need one.  Roaming is cheap enough if/when req'd.  I have no fee minutes with my landline for US calling.

calgary

👍

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nothing will change and you won't lose add-ons or any changes to your points system. for your points to change to Public Points a person has to actually sign up for that.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@calgary 

You can change your plan without effecting your legacy rewards. You will not switch to the points system unless you manually opt into it. There are some add-on’s that are incompatible such as extra Canada minutes (as the more expensive 4G/5G plan’s include Canada wide calling) but your US long distance add-on will still work unless you have a plan that already includes US calling such as the Canada/US plan. All of your legacy rewards and refer a friends will remain and you can safely switch plans.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@calgary 

changing plans won't affect Rewards...just never opt for Points.

Need Help? Let's chat.