cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On US Unlimited Talk for 10 days Service

rnqll
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just log in and added funds to the account so to purchase an Add ON 10Day US Unlimited Talk I intend to use right away. 

Funds already successfully taken from the account and got charged to the credit card on file. 

But then, when I am double checking the status it only tells about  “your plan will renew...”  and “gigabytes data add on ..” but not mentioned of the Add On just purchased. 

I want to make sure I have my cellphone I can use when I visit US and not end up jst wasting my money paying for a service I am not able to use. I am only visiting for 2 days. 

The online account has reflected my Add On purchased and payment made. But when I’m dialing 611 to check what service has been added in my account, it doesn’t mention anything of the recent payment and added purchased service. 

Im just anxious about this. And again don’t want to end up wasting my payment if ever

26 REPLIES 26

@Hatter7 wrote:

Charged double for one add on. 

@Hatter7   Which add-on were you double charged for, US roaming or Canadian add-on?  Are you currently in the US?

If you log into your account do you see the correct add-on available in your overview page under My Add-ons?  Also if you were somehow charged twice, then the extra funds will appear in your available balance and they will be used to pay towards your next renewal cycle. 

Hatter7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Charged double for one add on. 

Toy

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there, it's Rod again, just doing a little follow up.

In case you still need help or have any question please get back to me, I'll be here to help.

Kind Regards,

Rod,

Public Mobile Moderator Team

rnqll

Thank you s much for such complete guidance on what to do next! I was able to send my message already and got a ticket#. Am just waiting now to be contacted by Moderator within 48 hours. Really appreciate your time trying to help as well. 

The Community is very helpful esp for a new member like me. My first time to b part of Public Mobile community. Will just be waiting for a Moderator now to contact and addresss my issue. 

@rnqll  You have two ways of reaching a moderator. Click on the (?) at the bottom right of your screen. Submit a service ticket via simon. Type in human or rep and follow the prompts to best explain the issue and submit.   

Or which might  work better for your situation send a private message to the moderators by typing (tagging) @CS_Agent  in the send bar. Enter "purchased wrong add on" in the subject bar. Then explain the issue, the time you will be away and ask for a credit. Include your name and address on the account, phone #, pin #, and email. You may be asked to further verify your identity by being asked last payment type, amount, date and last four digits of your card, alternate ph# if any, security question and answer. If you have data or WiFi you can check for a private message or have the notifications set up for your email. Sort it out with them when you come back and dont use text messages while away. At least don't send them. You would probably receive texts whether you had the add on or not. They will most likely give you a credit onto your account.

rnqll

I have my account funded and amount were credited /added right away. Then I purchase the Add On. When the $8 amount was deducted from the fund, I went to dial 611 to check the status of the account making sure everything is set  because before, after a purchase it will give a summary of the account’s ADD On as well.

It’s not my first time to purchase a 10-Day US unlimited Add On everytime I visit US but I used to be assisted by Public Mobile customer service 

I guess there is no more chance for me to recover my other payment for unlimited Text which I don’t really need? 

I am am not sure how to reach out the Public Mobile moderator. Leaving tomorrow to the US just for a 2-day visit. 

@rnqll  Have you managed to submit a service request to the moderators via Simon? If Simon has given you trouble and you use the private message option be sure to add the following information to speed up the verification process.

Name and address on account, phone number, email, pin #, you may also be asked alternate ph # if any, last payment type, amount, date, last 4 digits, security question and answer.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll wrote:

Thanks! That sounds so kind of you.  

I’ll try how I’m able to contact a moderator. It’s my first time here and still have to figure out how to. 

To reach moderators.

Simon.JPG

or private message them..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rnqll

Please help me address my concerns. I needed to just purchase the unlimited US 10-Day TALK. Will I get a refund back of the one paid for the TEXT?

I will really appreciate the assistance 

rnqll

Thanks! That sounds so kind of you.  

I’ll try how I’m able to contact a moderator. It’s my first time here and still have to figure out how to. 

Loonya

@rnqll wrote:

Thanks! I Will do that!  I truly Appreciate your kind suggestions.

I am hoping for Public mobile moderators to be able to help and assist in resolving my issues. I really didn’t intend to leave Public Mobile as I had been their loyal and quite satisfied customer since 2012 but but I am hoping they’ll stay efficient in looking after our business with them. I just joined the Community because I needed to avail of the ADD On but felt anxious with what just happened 

That's what the community is for Smiley Happy Since everything is online, some things do get confusing, but you have a lot of support from other users and Mods here. Good Luck!

@rnqll  Yeah, as the others have said, contacting the Moderator team is the ONLY way this will get solved, since none of us has any access to your account..... good luck, and don't get stuck "in the middle of nowhere", while down south!

rnqll

Thanks! I Will do that!  I truly Appreciate your kind suggestions.

I am hoping for Public mobile moderators to be able to help and assist in resolving my issues. I really didn’t intend to leave Public Mobile as I had been their loyal and quite satisfied customer since 2012 but but I am hoping they’ll stay efficient in looking after our business with them. I just joined the Community because I needed to avail of the ADD On but felt anxious with what just happened 

Loonya

I think sending a ticket to a Mod would be faster than calling again, since this seems like a simple mistake. 

The Mod team are currently online, so I would give it a try to see if they reply fast. Here's the link to send a ticket. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/send-us

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll wrote:

Am I supposed to do it again from the phone through dialing 611? My account is showing charges of purchase already but instead of unlimited Talk, it’s unlimited Text. 

No don't do it again.

Here's what I understand..

You accidentally purchased roaming text plan.

You intended to purchase talk plan.

open a ticket for moderators to see if they can fix it for you.Simon.JPG

Or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rnqll

Am I supposed to do it again from the phone through dialing 611? My account is showing charges of purchase already but instead of unlimited Talk, it’s unlimited Text. 

rnqll

I did that purchase (adding funds in the account)  before purchasing the ADD On TALK for 10-Day US service. However, *aside from it’s not being stated when I call 611 from my phone, that I made the purchase and the service is being currently added ...I am surprised that the intended service  I purchased is *not TALK instead it’s Unlimited *TEXT which is of no use for me really. 

I need the TALK service esp when I am travelling. You’ll be stack in the middle of nowhere without being able to have a phone to use calling for emergency !!!  I find this quite inconvenient really, I guess it’s time to change a service provider. It was better before when there is a person on the other line assisting our needs and gets to be attended without having to worry or get stucked reaching out for help like this 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll wrote:

I just log in and added funds to the account so to purchase an Add ON 10Day US Unlimited Talk I intend to use right away. 

Funds already successfully taken from the account and got charged to the credit card on file. 

But then, when I am double checking the status it only tells about  “your plan will renew...”  and “gigabytes data add on ..” but not mentioned of the Add On just purchased. 

I want to make sure I have my cellphone I can use when I visit US and not end up jst wasting my money paying for a service I am not able to use. I am only visiting for 2 days. 

The online account has reflected my Add On purchased and payment made. But when I’m dialing 611 to check what service has been added in my account, it doesn’t mention anything of the recent payment and added purchased service. 

Im just anxious about this. And again don’t want to end up wasting my payment if ever

@CannonFodder  😂 ya maybe more coffee required. Although I only read up to where I bolded it. Then said oh another @darlicious with paragraphs. JOKING

@darlicious 😝...

Loonya

I think you'll need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team and ask them for a refund/resolve your problem.

In your message, it would be good to provide your name, Public Mobile account info or phone number and explain your situation.

The contact support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 8AM - Midnight EST Saturday - Sunday 8AM - 10:00PM EST

Theres the page with more solutions: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll wrote:

I did the steps and payment of $8 already debited from my account. However, I jst looked at the account and the service I intended to add is not the add on I purchased. I usually jst purchase Talk to make sure I’m able to use my phone calling instead of just texting. 

Txting is “not of use” to me, and I’m wondering why I got texting instead of calling? How can I cancel this useless service for me? 

Sounds like you chose the wrong add-on in error..

You'll have to contact moderators to see if they will be willing to refund you the add-on that you do not want.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

rnqll

I did the steps and payment of $8 already debited from my account. However, I jst looked at the account and the service I intended to add is not the add on I purchased. I usually jst purchase Talk to make sure I’m able to use my phone calling instead of just texting. 

Txting is “not of use” to me, and I’m wondering why I got texting instead of calling? How can I cancel this useless service for me? 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@rnqll wrote:

Uhm.... @Jb456  have you not had enough coffee yet today?..... the OP DID say the items in bold above.....

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rnqll wrote:

@rnqll 

1. Fund your account to cover the cost of the add-on (Status: Done)
  2. Purchase the US Roaming add-on (Status: Incomplete <-- You need to purchase the add-on to be able to see it.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Also take note..when you buy add-on it starts right away..

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's a two step process to purchase add-ons..

See guide on this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.