cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure for newly added esim

snicoletti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed to a plan yesterday and I’ve added the eSIM to my phone, but keep getting an error message saying “Unable to activate eSIM”. Do I need to remove the eSIM and start over? 

6 REPLIES 6

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@snicoletti did you try restarting your device after the eSIM was added? If yes then I would wait to hear back from the CS agent to see if there is something on their end that is needed to be done

snicoletti

The eSIM has been added and turned on, but is not connected to the carrier. 

snicoletti

I was able to install the eSIM, but it failed to activate. Will follow up with a CS agent. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @snicoletti 

what phone do you have?

can you login the PM app on your phone? if you can login, then go to the Account page and then click Buy sim card and choose eSIM.   You should get the replacement esim for free.  In case it still charging you $5, you can ask PM to reimburse it

A new esim should then fix your problem

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@snicoletti did you receive an email from Public Mobile with a QR code to scan? If not, you will need this email to scan the code to install and setup the eSIM. If you did receive it, go into your phone's cellular setting to see if you the eSIM is there and that the line has been turned on.

If you are not seeing the email or the eSIM in your phone setup you will need to contact a CS agent by clicking on the orange circle in the bottom right of your screen, type: Customer Support Agent

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

don't remove yet, ask PM what to do.  Maybe they will ask you to get a new one via the app , but they will need to advise how to login to the app since your account not properly setup yet

You won't be able to open proper Chatbot ticket at this point, so message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.