cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error

Candace2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been trying to activate phone for 6hours you guys keep taking 28$ payments off my card but not activating my plan. Someone PLEASE CONTACT ME as live support was no good to me either. 

11 REPLIES 11

@Candace2 wrote:

I did pm them with all the info I'm waiting to hear back and yes it shows public mobile at the top but wont register her plan I cant accept or send any texts or calls

It looks activation was partially done since you can see PM as your provider. As mentioned most likely CSA has to assist with provisioning your SIM card.

Just be patient for CSA to respond.

@Candace2 wrote:

Brand new phone unlocked no previous provider. Not trying to port # just wanted a new one 

@Candace2 

since it is a brand new phone,  I suggest you to try it with a working SIM and confirm it is a not a phone issue.  Where did you buy it?  from trusted source or from private sell ?  Just worry it is blacklisted, especially you did it connects but cannot make calls.  If it does not connect at all , it is SIM provisioning issue.   For peace of mine, check the device status here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Candace2

Brand new phone unlocked no previous provider. Not trying to port # just wanted a new one 

@Candace2 wrote:

I did pm them with all the info I'm waiting to hear back and yes it shows public mobile at the top but wont register her plan I cant accept or send any texts or calls

@Candace2 

Was the phone you tried used on another network before?

Also, did you request porting in of phone number from another provider?

Candace2

@Candace2 wrote:

There are no error codes. I tried turning phone off and back on again it registers public mobile but doesnt register plan email or #

@Candace2 , It register PM,   So, the phone shows it connected?  can you make outgoing calls?

(but while we try to help here to get you phone working quicker, hopefully, please open a ticket with PM support first.   have them to look into the payment overcharge issue.  Only they can confirm that and process refund)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Candace2 

If your card has been charged then you activated your sim card. It just hasn't provisioned correctly upon activation to your account. Contact customer support and explain your issue and the CSA will provision your card and you can ask them to get to work on issuing you a refund for the extra charges on your credit card.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Candace2 

Please send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can get your service restored.

Candace2

There are no error codes. I tried turning phone off and back on again it registers public mobile but doesnt register plan email or #

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Candace2   are you getting Error 821 or what error you are getting?

Are you trying to port the number from another provider and entered the IMEI number?

First, try to put your SIM in a phone and see if it works,  you might have activated already but just the webpage not returning the proper result.  If you put your SIM and it is connecting, try to make an outgoing calls to confirm it works and confirm the number showing on the call display on the receiving end

For the overcharge, open ticket with PM Support.   They will look into it and they will refund you the duplicated charge.  You might want to open a ticket via direct message as there could be issue with your Self-serve account and you likely cannot open ticket with Chatbot

Just message PM Support directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.