cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error

JoanMellyjo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Submitted 2 days ago for activation and still have not received message from PM requesting authorization to port number from Fido.  SIM card for PM is in my phone. Fido says they are waiting for your request and it will automatically be ported. Charge has been submitted on my Credit Card but I cannot receive calls or text messages. Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6

@JoanMellyjo wrote:

Thanks. No, my service with FIDO is not active anymore I have sent a message to a CS Agent as suggested. Thanks again. 

@JoanMellyjo , ok then as per the 1st message to your post I sent you the Fido account must be active with that phone number in order for you to port the phone number from them to Public Mobile! Public Mobile cant help you with that. Sorry. Only Fido can. Please contact Fido about your closed account with them to see if they will reactivate your account so it can be done. As per @softech a suggestion.

Edit: I’m sorry if my 1st message to you was not explained better. I’m trying!

@JoanMellyjo wrote:

Thanks. No, my service with FIDO is not active anymore I have sent a message to a CS Agent as suggested. Thanks again. 

@JoanMellyjo   you need to sort this out with Fido first

Account must be active for the number to ported away, so, the Fido account must be active

Call Fido, they might agree to reactivate your account so you can have the number to be ported out

Once you have that sorted out with Fido, then call back PM porting them for them to re-trigger the process

(Again, there is no point to call PM porting team back early, you need to reactivate the service with Fido before PM re-trigger the porting request)

JoanMellyjo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoanMellyjo 

Insert you PM SIM in your phone and restart your phone.

Is the Public Mobile showing at the notification bar of your phone?

Have you received the PM welcome email?

If your answer to both questions are YES, you need to create a support ticket to get a CS_Agent to send another port request to FIDO.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@JoanMellyjo wrote:

Submitted 2 days ago for activation and still have not received message from PM requesting authorization to port number from Fido.  SIM card for PM is in my phone. Fido says they are waiting for your request and it will automatically be ported. Charge has been submitted on my Credit Card but I cannot receive calls or text messages. Please help. 

@JoanMellyjo ,

For additional security, your Previous service provider “Fido” will send a text to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer. Your old SIM card “Fido’s’ must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.

Just to clarify, is your Fido account still active?

Edit: You may need a Public Mobile Customer Support Agent to help you. (I meant if your Fido account is still active, contact a Public Mobile CSA to help fix the stuck port)

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

• Get help with your service or account by starting a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It can help you submit a ticket to the Customer Support Agents. Click here to get started and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that matches your request.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.