cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating my Wife's New Public Mobile

alefmaister
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Guys,

I subscribed myself and my wife to Public Mobile and I was able to activate mine via e-sim. For some reason when I was doing her's via Public App the option to check IMEI didn't show up. I was experiencing some lagging so I ended up proceeding to checkout. 

When I tried to do the same I came to the conclusion her iPhone X doesn't support E-SIM.  So I went to a Telus/Kodoo kiosk and got a blank Public Mobile SIM.   Now I'm concerned if I have to do anything to her account activation. prior to trying to activate her account. 

I don't want to cause any problems while transferring her from Telus to Public Mobile. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Alef

5 REPLIES 5

alefmaister

Hey Guys this is the problem I'm facing trying to log in via App. 

issue.jpg

alefmaister

You guys were fast. I didn't see this reply here.  But gonna try.  I'll keep you guys posted

alefmaister

Charge was done yes.  I was trying yesterday. But got me concerned.  Gonna wait for her to come back after work and try again. See the step-by-step and post here.  I can't create her account number quite yet. The proceed bottom was "blank" I assume due to the high volume of app access. 

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Alef,

If your wife's iPhone X doesn't support eSIM and you've obtained a physical Public Mobile SIM, you can smoothly activate her account by following these steps:

Insert the Public Mobile SIM card into your wife's iPhone X.

Proceed with the activation process on the Public Mobile app, adhering to the provided instructions.

Have the necessary information, such as the SIM card number, ready during the activation.

Verify her iPhone X compatibility with Public Mobile.

If any issues arise during activation, reach out to Public Mobile's customer support for assistance. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission.

By adhering to these steps, you should be able to activate her account without causing any problems. I hope this helps, and that both your and your wife's transitions to Public Mobile go smoothly! 😊

Also check this out: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles?category=_articleCategory_getting-started&subcat...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @alefmaister 

has PM charge you yet?

for porting it is best to use Account number instead of IMEI

Please use the app to login My Account , use the wife email to login and see where the activation process starts

Need Help? Let's chat.