cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on porting out from PM

chellsey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm currently trying to port out my number from Public Mobile to a different service for some personal issues. 

I really want to keep my phone number, but to do that I need to port out from PM and port in to the other service, and when I look at the guide or ask the bot, it just says "after the request", but I don't know where to request or how.

If anyone could explain me how to do it, it would be great 😓

7 REPLIES 7

chellsey

@Handy1 @Teo0321 

Thank you! That really helped me out.

The fee is the price of the new plan from new provider that’s it 

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You're welcome @chellsey! To the best of my knowledge, there are no additional fees associated with porting out.

@chellsey  No fee to port out of PM 

chellsey

Thank you! Those steps were very clear and straight forward. 

I have a question; do I need to pay extra fee in order to port out from PM? Just to make sure 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chellsey  Just make sure PM account is active and start the port request with your new provider leaving the PM SIM card in phone u til you get the confirmation text to port from PM and reply YES you will have 90 mins to do this from the time you get the text . And that’s it . Successfully porting your PM number out will close your PM account for you . Nothing more to do 

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @chellsey ,

I understand the importance of keeping your phone number. To initiate the port-out process from Public Mobile, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. Contact New Service Provider:

• Reach out to the new service provider where you want to port your number. They will guide you on their porting process and may provide you with a form or request to fill out.
  2. Retrieve Account Information:

• Ensure you have all the necessary account information from Public Mobile, such as your account number and any required PIN or password. You can find this information on your Public Mobile account or by contacting customer support.
  3. Initiate Port-Out Request:

• Submit the required information to your new service provider to initiate the port-out request from Public Mobile. They will handle the communication with Public Mobile to complete the porting process.
  4. Check Porting Status:

• Keep track of the porting status with your new service provider. Once the port-out is complete, your number will be active on the new service.

If you encounter any difficulties during the process, it's recommended to contact Public Mobile's customer support for assistance. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link: CS Ticket Submission.

I hope this helps, and your port-out process goes smoothly. If you have further questions, feel free to ask!

Need Help? Let's chat.