cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate a sim card internationally

ruanismit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I am coming to Canada and want to set up my connectivity beforehand. 

Does anyone know whether it is possible to activate a sim card internationally if a family member mails it to me? Or do I need to ask them to activate it for me?

Any help or input on this topic would be appreciated if anyone has done it before. 

8 REPLIES 8

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

I see no problem activating a sim from abroad. The one thing  you would need to have is the correct  payment method. Do you have as per below?  Payment type MUST be registered to a Canadian address. And numerous people here can supply you with a SIM card. 

Activation, and ongoing service, is also possible.

Vouchers on-line: recharge.com , https://www.ding.com , sometimes NO FEE at: https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ruanismit wrote:

Thanks all! I would still love to hear from anyone who has successfully activated their SIM card outside of Canada. If there is anyone, do let us know! 🙂

Do you have the required payment type?

Do you have a SIM card or SIM card number?

If yes.....then try it and buy the $15 plan. 

ruanismit

Thanks all! I would still love to hear from anyone who has successfully activated their SIM card outside of Canada. If there is anyone, do let us know! 🙂

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Payment type MUST be registered to a Canadian address. And numerous people here can supply you with a SIM card. 

That is why I believe the safest and most trouble free way to start service with PM is when customer is in Canada. Of course friend/family can provide credit card, etc. but why making life more complicated then it is?

Most important is to have SIM ready (and compatible phone, of course).

I see no problem activating a sim from abroad. The one thing  you would need to have is the correct  payment method. Do you have as per below?  Payment type MUST be registered to a Canadian address. And numerous people here can supply you with a SIM card. 

F1F27E46-42FD-43B3-9E8A-C4414A933FCD.jpeg

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Anybody can activate PM SIM for you but it will be safer if You do it at the same time when you pick a plan and start your service.

While abroad family member can get SIM for you and activation, plan purchase does not take much time.

ruanismit

Thanks @softech for the swift reply! That might be the safer option. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ruanismit   While you can activate it when you are not in Canada, I suggest you to have your family member activate for you in Canada.

the activation process is all online and could be done when you are not in Canada.  However, there could be SIM provisioning issue and you would never find out until you have your PM SIM in a phone and test it.  So, it is best if your family member can activate in Canada for you and test it out and confirm the SIM was setup and able to connect to the network.  If any issue, then they can login to Community or your Self Serve My Account and help you with it, help you to open ticket with PM and troubleshoot for you

Need Help? Let's chat.