cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported Nunber from PM Still Being Charged

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number to Fongo. I am still being charged by Public Mobile. I can’t sign in to PM because my account is gone. Got cancelled when I ported to Fongo. I’m disputing the charge. How do I get Public Mobile to stop the charge?  The only thing I can think of is to report my credit card stolen and get a new credit card number. Solutions? 

5 REPLIES 5

@176006 wrote:

You’re right. Fongo is wifi or you need data so if you already have a phone plan with voice and data Fongo doesn’t make sense. Fongo is great for me because I’m going wifi only. No more plans, no more bills. Im using an iPod Touch with Fongo. When im away from wifi driving around I stop in at Tim’s or Shoppers and use their free wifi to check calls and texts. I just really need a break from paying a phone bill. I was with Bell before PM and my bill was $157. I came to PM paid $13 plus tax but that didn’t hive me much. I just need a break. 

@176006   I was doing just that until the day I was stranded at a train station [Oshawa]  with no free wifi in sight. Called collect home [$15] for a pick and decided lowest priced regular cell service was worth the cost.

You could go with the Fongo app plus the $10/month cellular service from them; I tried it and service was fine. https://shop.fongowireless.com/index.php?language=english

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Yummy wrote:

Why would you port regular cell number to Fongo? To my best knowledge Fongo is Internet based so you have to have data access from somewhere or WiFi close by. How are you going to use your phone when WiFi is not around?

HI @Yummy  Many people get cheap Fido Data only SIM ($15 regular price but many people got it either 50% off or free) and use Fongo with that.  I have at least 3 friends save their mobile bill using this setup.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You’re right. Fongo is wifi or you need data so if you already have a phone plan with voice and data Fongo doesn’t make sense. Fongo is great for me because I’m going wifi only. No more plans, no more bills. Im using an iPod Touch with Fongo. When im away from wifi driving around I stop in at Tim’s or Shoppers and use their free wifi to check calls and texts. I just really need a break from paying a phone bill. I was with Bell before PM and my bill was $157. I came to PM paid $13 plus tax but that didn’t hive me much. I just need a break. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Why would you port regular cell number to Fongo? To my best knowledge Fongo is Internet based so you have to have data access from somewhere or WiFi close by. How are you going to use your phone when WiFi is not around?

Talk to agent to get refund and to stop further charges.

Changing credit card is drastic measure but if your card is not registered anywhere for pre-authorized payment, maybe that is the easiest way?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@176006   sorry to hear that.  Just want to confirm, all incoming calls are not going to Fongo?  

if incoming calls are going to Fongo and you cannot access your My Account anymore, it is a clear sign that line was ported successfully and account was closed and you shouldn't got charged.  Please open a ticket with PM Support via direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.