cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account receipt with GST/HST#

ZeroIzzue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I need to request an account receipt of payments to get reimbursement from my company for my phone bill. How would I be able to obtain that?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Slimke wrote:

Without it, customers that are registered suppliers can not claim the input tax credit that they are entitled to.  

@Slimke wouldn't this only apply if you were a reseller of Public Mobile's services?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

† Credit or Visa Debit payments include taxes based on the applicable province of your phone number. GST/HST# 10065 2692, QST# 10029 28058. Click here for Provincial and Federal tax rates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slimke wrote:

Where on the payment screen? I don't see it anywhere.

I gotta think all prepaid providers are well aware of the tax legalities. I'm guessing the mention on that screen is legally sufficient. But I don't really care as I'm here as a private individual.

Slimke

Where on the payment screen? I don't see it anywhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slimke wrote:

Under the Excise Tax Act, Public Mobile is obligated to show the GST/HST registration number and the amount of GST/HST charged on all invoices. Without it, customers that are registered suppliers can not claim the input tax credit that they are entitled to.  

The GST # is shown in the payments screen. And there aren't invoices per se. You would need to request a formal invoice/receipt. Private individuals don't need to care about input tax credits.

This might not be exactly the best provider for a business though. But that's up to you.

Slimke

Under the Excise Tax Act, Public Mobile is obligated to show the GST/HST registration number and the amount of GST/HST charged on all invoices. Without it, customers that are registered suppliers can not claim the input tax credit that they are entitled to.  

peosteve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the backup. 😁

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 I would theorize that the volume of people asking for a receipt is low enough that it's cheaper for them to have someone manually prepare the receipt when requested than it is for them to invest in the development of a proper receipt function within their systems.  That, or it's on the list but lower than other things that have and will come before it.  Or both.  LOL.

I can certainly understand that theory, but that's something that really should have been done properly from the get-go.  I consider software and billing implimentation the cost of a company doing business, and doing it from the start is probably a lot easier than trying to add that functiionality in later.

srlawren

@computergeek541 I would theorize that the volume of people asking for a receipt is low enough that it's cheaper for them to have someone manually prepare the receipt when requested than it is for them to invest in the development of a proper receipt function within their systems.  That, or it's on the list but lower than other things that have and will come before it.  Or both.  LOL.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Although there are many people who know what Public Mobile's sales tax number is, for an receipt to be official, that HST has to be shown on it.  Anyone charging sales tax has to provide an official receipt upon request, which Public Mobile does do, but why should it be a special request?  A proper receipt should be automatically be available on-screen inside the self-serve account, or e-mailed to the customer for each payment.  Doing that would make it easier for both the customers and the moderators.

peosteve

Just got my first loyalty bonus. 😁

srlawren

@peosteve you must be new around here Robot LOL

peosteve

Exactly! I can't be  there difficult to do it... 

srlawren

@peosteve you can definitely get it, as required, but at this time only by special request.  "Why can't it just be included in the transaction history?" I guess that would be too easy?  🙂

peosteve

My employer pays my phone bill. PM gives me excellent service for phone, text and data, so why would I pay more? What would a "business line" give me that PM doesn't? 

I'm not sure why asking for billing including HST is a problem - I'm pretty sure it's a legal requirement. Why can't it just be included in the transaction history? 

My response to you would be honestly, why are you using Public Mobile for a business phone line, as it isn't setup to do things you need for your employer.

You'd be much better off using a Koodo or Telus (keep in the family) account so that you can get this information on-demand.

peosteve

Right. But why shouldn't I have access to my transaction history? I shouldn't have to show my CC to my company to prove that I paid tax. It's just a messy way of dealing with tax... 

srlawren

@peosteve the logic is that taxes are charged on the payment.  The money that is deposited into your Public Mobile is already taxed and sits as a credit, which is then used up by the services which comprise your plan, all changed in pre-taxed funds.  

peosteve

I need this as well, so my company can pay me back for the HST I've spent and they can in turn claim it. 

I don't get why the HST doesn't show up on the transaction history. Surely it should be there, and not just when I make the payment. What is the logic behind excluding it in the transaction history? 

ZeroIzzue

I'm working for a goverment funded organization and everything needs to be done by the book, so I do need the GST/HST# on an official reciept. I do need it everytime I submit...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ZeroIzzue Is there some reason your credit card statement is unacceptable? Or the register receipt if you purchase voucher. Of course, PM must provide you its GST/HST# for your billing province if you want it.

Hope you don't need to do this every 30/90 days. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Include the following info

First name:
Last name:
Street address:
Suite/Apartment (if applicable):
City:
Province:
Postal Code:
Koodo prepaid or Public Mobile: Public Mobile
Customer phone number:
Account #:
Email address (if possible):
Requested Month / Period:
Amount paid:

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please contact the mods. Please include sim#, phone#, email used during activation, and detailed description of what happened.

Sending a message to the mod teams:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Contacting mods (details):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

How to send a private message:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

Need Help? Let's chat.