cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abroad with crappy PM sum card - no service

PikabuDan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m abroad and I can’t access my account or pay for anything because I have no service. Does anyone know what to do? Crappy PM chat going loops and sends to a 404 page. OMG how this company still exists. It’s possible only in Canada. Anyone have a fix? I’m in Thailand. 

8 REPLIES 8

@PikabuDan 

here's the PM motto...

hairbag1_0-1651683439434.png

@PikabuDan  PM is not the only carrier, Lucky Mobile doesn't either.

PikabuDan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

🤣 I’ve never seen an operator that won’t. You always get roaming in another county because it’s just a matter of the agreement between operators. Easy money. But for public mobile, anything beyond the US is another planet apparently. Well , what am I being surprised with …

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@PikabuDan 

What makes you think you can get roaming add-on in Thailand? Should look into this before you left to Thailand...Roaming is only offered in the USA and that is it.

Just login to your account online and hit Resend Code/Didn't Receive Code and have the 2FA code sent by email to access your account! But it doesn't matter because no Add-on Roaming is not offered in Thailand. You can disable your AutoPay/subscribe while in Thailand to stop monthly renewal payment (max 90 days) until you come back to Canada.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I thought perhaps they were accessing account to make a manual payment (after 85 days of inactivity, say) or to update a CC (or had left PM SIM with a relative using it in Canada). But it's possible they want to roam in Thailand, which as you say they can't do.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile does not have any roaming service in Thailand. The only country you can roam in is the US. You'll need a local sim if you need cell service.

Abheer

Hi @PikabuDan 

Tickets are currently having issues.
Use this link to directly message a Public Mobile agent.

ottawa

Is the issue you can't access your account because you can't receive the code by SMS? If you're on the PM website (not app; actually I have no idea how app behaves in this situation), when you say "didn't receive code" it offers to send SMS, call, or email. The latter might be accessible even outside NA.

If your issue is something else, sorry.

Need Help? Let's chat.