cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A gifted phone and SIM

Steve_108
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a SIM for a phone that was previously activated by a friend. The website is saying the SIM is invalid....any advice on how to proceed with this activation?

Thanks,

Steve

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Steve_108 wrote:

I am trying to activate a SIM for a phone that was previously activated by a friend. The website is saying the SIM is invalid....any advice on how to proceed with this activation?

@Steve_108 - what do you mean by previously activated? Did your friend lose their current SIM card and you are trying the swap the numbers?

If so, you can do this on their My Account.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Once activated SIM (and later account with such SIM closed) cannot be re-activated.

You would need new SIM, UNLESS that account with gifted SIM is still active (even being suspended).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Steve_108  is the sim card a brand new sim that never been activated?  

Only new simc can be used for activation.  If the sim card was previously used, please get a new one at:

Once you got the new sim card, then you can start the activation via Public Mobile App

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Steve_108  You most likely need a new SIM card (never activated ). A SIM card can only be activated once . You cannot activate a old SIM card that’s been previously activated 

Need Help? Let's chat.