cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad reception inside house

JohnTT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve recently had no reception or very limited reception inside my house but when I go outside I’m able to receive calls. I’m using an iPhone 8, my son has an iPhone 4 and he’s able to receive calls in the house. 

5 REPLIES 5

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JohnTT 

Does that inside outside scenario happen only at home or other places? 

Has your battery ever been replaced?  <= sloppy job putting phone back together and not reattaching the antenna properly??

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JohnTT - to add to one of softech's suggestions...perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Either phone is dying or local cell tower's signal is getting weak for whatever reason. Maybe it is some kind of maintenance...

Or you did install some machinery inside your house blocking or jamming a signal...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnTT 

Try to see if it helps

• Make sure your iPhone has the latest iOS
  • change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only or WCDMA only and see if it works
  • Try to click Reset All Networks and see if it helps
  • and do you have another phone to test the PM sim ? just to make sure it is not a device problem.  Also, that can force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve the problem

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnTT  If you both swap SIM cards are the results the same . If so maybe the antenna on your phone is damaged or covered by a heavy otter box defender case causing the issue possibly 

Need Help? Let's chat.