cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th day without a response- No texting and calls

dyxlm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my pm sim card on Nov 18th (Fido -> public mobile), but i am STILL unable to send or recieve text messages and incoming calls. 
Data and outgoing calls work fine. 

Ive personal messaged the mods and tweeted out to pm so far no one has gotten back to me or read any of my messages. I understand that there are many others who have dealt with this issue too, but It is usually fixed within 2-3 days.

So far, i am currently using both my Fido AND public mobile SIM (i own a one plus x with a dual sim card holder) its the only way ive been able to call, recieve and send text (from fido not PM). 

I am exteremly stressedout and i truly regret switching. I feel as if ive run out of options. If anyone has any suggestions please help. 

20 REPLIES 20

dyxlm

Hello all,

public mobile has FINALLY gotten back to me 

Thank you for all your help. 

To those who went through what I did, i HIGHLY recommend you message them on twitter (i didnt have a twitter account but i got my friend to help me) there is a wait time of about 4/5 days. 

The issue itself: 

Inccorrect IMEI and Account number. 

(keep in mind while trying to enter your fido/old provider account number it is sensitive to "-" (dashes))

Thank you so much for all the help 

i really appreciate it. 

ankurfaridkot

HI @oilblue99

Yeah, I am in home province ON, I got 647 number.

this is what it shows in my plan in self-serve.

My Plan                                                                                             $120 per 90 Days

Pick & Pay

• This plan includes: -
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ankurfaridkot

A couple other ideas...

• In self-serve, double check the plan options (ensure you have talk minutes included)
  • I assume you've signed up for the promo plan that expired Sunday (which included Province-Wide calling). Is your phone in its home province right now (i.e. same province as the area code of the phone number). If not, the calls will go straight to voice mail (since PM is pre-paid).

Still could be a system / SIM problem that requires Mod intervention. Just thought I'd mention these two possibilities.

Good luck!

oilblue99

@ankurfaridkot You're not porting? New PM number, and no incoming calls? Well that is odd... Could be a "SIM issue" that I've seen Mods mention a couple times. Just a guess...

Besides waiting for a Mod, about the only thing I can think of is selecting a new PM number via Self Serve. Not sure that would have any effect though.

Good luck. I hope you hear back soon!

tangy07

Ya so try the steps in that link and see if it works. That person could only receive text msg but he did that and it worked for me. Might as well try it while you wait. 

ankurfaridkot

@tangy07

Hi yeah, i was succesfully able to create and log in into Self Serve since monday. But still i am not able to call or use data just text. No one is able to reach me nor i am able to call .

ankurfaridkot

@oilblue99

Yeah, i did PM a mod. And also i am not porting number from old carrier which is why i am wondering why is it taking so long for Public Mobile to get me service. I had cancelled my old carrier and wasn't interested in keeping my old number. Had no idea i will be left without service on PM or i would have kept old service for a month atleast.

oilblue99

@ankurfaridkot

Incoming calls are the last item to port. If it's been more than a day or two, then the process is stuck until a Mod can intervene.

If those calls are going straight to voice mail, I'm guessing it's the voice mail of your old provider. That means your old SIM (and plan) is likely still active. Try that SIM. If it works, you'll at least have service until PM can sort out why the port is stuck.

BTW, I'm assuming you've already sent a private message to a Mod, along with your the required info. Please do so if you haven't, OR use the Get Help - Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen (on mobile, go to the PM homepage; mobile version of the forum doesn't display the Get Help - Contact Us link).

Hope that helps.

ankurfaridkot

Hi Facing exact same issue. People trying to reach me are going to voicemail. Not able to call any one.

Without service since last 4 days

@Shazia_K

dyxlm

I am now able to recieve and send text messaging to other PUBLIC MOBILE recipients but i still cannot recieve incoming calls and texts from other carriers 

Whenever someone tries to call me it goes straight to my voice mail.

Dantastic

thanks, mate

Dantastic

where do you file a ticket?

dyxlm

Ive filed 2 tickets already 

and Personal messaged all the mods once. 

its almost been 6 entire days... 

are there any ways to increase your odds of resolving the issue other than tweeting, private messaging and filing tickets? im trying to avoid spamming as they have tons to deal with, but im growing impatient. not even sure how people have managed 2 whole weeks. 

Dantastic

it seems that some people's issues are being resolved within 2 days while others haven't had their private messages read by mods for more than 2 weeks.

dyxlm

I ported my number from fido -> PM and yes i have confirmed on my account self serve plan, still nothing. 

BrrMcGrr

hI @dyxlm

did you port your number? or is it a fresh PM number? Did you confirm on the My Account Self Serve your plan options? 

Maharg15
No one can bother us now, it's great !!!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

hopefully one of hte mods are online and get help you quickly!  @Mary_M@Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.