cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5ber esim sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I decided to go crazy and buy one of these esim compatible sim cards from 5ber so that I could travel and have multiple esims.  Unfortunately, when I use the Public Mobile App to buy an esim, of course it says that my phone is incompatible.  Is there any other way of purchasing an esim to use for this new 5ber card?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous 

but make sure you stop the process on the right spot or it will install on your friend's phone

They might have a message asking you for permission to install, say No at that point

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, Yes, the app for 5ber scans for QR codes.  I guess I will try to find someone that will lend me their phone that has esim compatability and then download the Public Mobile App on it.  I wish there was an easier way!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

not all cellphones are eligible to get esim from PM...yours seem to be one that can't. Any chance of exchanging your phone for one that will work here ?

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous 

does your 5ber esim allows QR code scanning to install?  PM esim can only be installed via QR code sanning cannot be installed using those "Add esim" manual method 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

you can buy it on an compatible phone, but during the process, stop when the app tries to install the esim.  You will likely need to ask agent to send you the QR code so you can install it on your 5ber esim

Need Help? Let's chat.