cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 / 4 GB Plan

chitang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I still have an old sim card when PM was giving it away for free several months ago.  Can anyone let me know if that sim card is eligible for the $40 / 4GB plan? 

Thanks, 

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry @chitang, as the other responders have indicated, you have to have a order number from within the promo plan period plus a SIM card number that matches to that order in order to be able to get on the promo plan now.  Your pre-existing SIM card would have worked if you had activated it prior to Nov 20th and scheduled a future-dated plan change to wait out your contract, but you have missed that deadline, unfortunately.

As others have said, the regular plans are also great!  Or, you could continue Month-to-month with your current provider and wait to see if another appealing promo plan comes along.  For most people, I would say if a current plan is close to your real needs, go ahead and activate and port now, becasue if another promo plan comes up, i'm quite confident exsitng customers will be able to get that plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

Any customer new and old was able to upgrade to 4g, there was over a month to do it.  you just had to log in and future date yoru plan change.  They were actually very nice not making existing customers buy the plan imideatly and lose the time left on thier existing plan.

This added time was even a further bonus in responce to system issues.

I believe the promo with relation to  new and existing customers PM did a great job treating them fairly and equally, 

Rockdaddy22
Why didn't you have a chance?

yeip911
Why PM don't have the value customers upgrade to the 4 G data

yeip911
Hi.so old customer didn't have the chance to get the promotion.I am on $40 /1G plans.how can I get the 4G

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
You should've bought out your contract, like thousands of others did. Sorry 😞

I still think the normal plans are well worth it.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I think they will not honour you for the promotional plan. They will honour your sim card on the promotional plan only if you can prove that you didn't get your sim card before Nov 20 which was the last day of sim card activation. Also you have to prove that you ordered the sim card before Nov 16.
If that is the case for you but I still doubt if they will honour it because it's too late. This is my assumption so the best way to know please pm a mod asap.
Thanks.

mimmo

in all fairness the 2gb /90day $120 is a great plan if you can't get the promo.  

I recall seeing people selling their unused sim and order number, on the forum can try a search, or you could ask if anyone has an unused sim and  promo order number they want to get rid of.

my understanding is they will honor the promo as long as you have an order number from the promo period.  Not sure how much longer that good will willlast though.

some info in this thread 

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you didnt change your plan during the that promo, then you cant get the 4GB plan. But the sim card still work for PM. 

@chitang wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

They did not say that any unactivated sims ordered before promo began are eligible. If you had the sim then why didn't you activate during the promo? Now its expired, i don't see they will honor you the promo as you had the chance to activate when it was going on. 

And they are only honoring because some people did not get their sims on time or got them late. 

I was waiting for my contract to end 

There were many other users in the same boat as you. They were advised to activate on the cheapest Public Mobile plan like 10 or 30 days text only. That way they were able to future date the plan change to new promo plan. 

Sorry, i highly doubt they will honor you the promo plan because you were waiting for your contract to end while holding onto the public mobile sim. 

chitang

@NDesai wrote:

They did not say that any unactivated sims ordered before promo began are eligible. If you had the sim then why didn't you activate during the promo? Now its expired, i don't see they will honor you the promo as you had the chance to activate when it was going on. 

And they are only honoring because some people did not get their sims on time or got them late. 

I was waiting for my contract to end 

chitang

thats what i thought too.  Can anyone confirm?

The way I interpret, I was under the impression that 1, U had to get Sim before Nov 16, and 2, U had to provide PM Mod with Sim order info to be considered eligible

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
That plan change request for the promo had to be made before Nov 20, I believe.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The single way to take that plan is to do as i did. I schedule a plan change on the next renewal. Which was couple of days ago and i can confirm that's working properly. Only issue which i have. They had to suspend my account in order to change the plan and i lost my 18$ community reward

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

No, sim cards ordered during that promo are eligible.

Need Help? Let's chat.