cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo sims?

Madman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
When is the cutoff date for honouring the $40/4gb promo sim cards?

12 REPLIES 12

Madman
Thank you all for the replies. I did not mean to offend anyone. It was not my intention.

I feel I am being fair considering the financial savings/year available. (and if the promo for any reason was not honoured by PM, I would refund the entire purchase price)
I'll leave it at that.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Madman I think you should put your sim on usedeverywhere, craiglist and kijiji,  bidding war for a sim card, i think its bad form especially in this forum. 

maybe try activating the sim with, get the promo and then sell it. that way you are selling a sure thing, instead of teh possibility of a promo plan.

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seriously, I agree @stonechucker. Pretty sad honestly. Big contrast to the user who was trying to get rid of their SIM because they lost their dad and he had one. This one seems like a money grab to me.

Well, now I feel bad for posting the information I did.  Making money it seems is the idea here, and that's not right.

$10 was the Paypal price for refunded shipping cost prior to the promo (ie it was free after signing up), and it was $5 plus applicable taxes during the promo, and still is.

Either you should eat the cost of the sim if you're not activating it, or you should recover $5 and maybe the cost of first class postage stamp to send it to whoever buys it.

Thanks for posting that @Luddite.

Rockdaddy22
$10

Madman
As there are very few available now..... If anyone would like to purchase this unactivated promo sim card including order date and order # .....PM me with your best offer. I have a specific price in mind which compensates me and save you hundreds.
First one to hit the magic number gets it.

Hint:
Canada's longest serving Prime Minister.

Info per Jeremy http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Ordering-amp-SIM-Card-Payment-amp-Pi...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

thge process from what i recallis activate new sim with 

1) provincial calling

2) global text

3) 6gb data

then send a private message to a mod asking to give you teh promo plan. include the order number, and the PM number you activated.

cross fingers, be patient and hope for the best.

as for cutoff date, one thread suggested the end of the month...  but there has not been any official word...

Minerva89

I'm not 100% sure, but the promo would be applied when you activate the SIM card and apply a plan to it.

This would mean that if you bought a SIM a month ago but did not activate it and apply the promo plan on it, you would not be able to get that same promo now if you activate it today (I think the promo is over).

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I haven't seen a cutoff yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't (yet)". Someone can correct me on this.

As far as I am aware, if you have an order number by email, or PDF that you can prove shows it was ordered before the cut off, you can still sign up for promo.

There is a thread that explains what to do, but the most important thing is you can prove the order date, order number.

i will try to find the link to the other thread, if someone else doesn't post it for you in the mean time.

mimmo

that is unknown, so its a gamble... but you also need an order number that was created during the promo to get the promo pricing.

even at only 2 gb /month it is still a great deal.

Need Help? Let's chat.