cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G on Samsung A52 5G

Norbit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I am using a Samsung A52 5G, it used to pull 5G from Telus, Bell.

I have added a 5G Public mobile plan, unfortunately it does not pull 5G. My area support fully 5G, I have tested my public mobile 5G Sim to an iPhone 14 and it does pull 5G no problem.  I have also used another Bell mobility SIM on my A52 5G and it does 5G no problem.. I'm puzzled a bit.   Under connection, mobile network mode it is set to: Auto connect. Cell network setting s were reset as well. 

I added the following config from PM help site:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
Multimedia message proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
Multimedia message port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type:
APN type: default,ia,mms,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: gid
Mobile virtual network operator value: 4D4F

--------------------------------------------

Restart your phone to apply new Mobile Internet APN settings.

It still does not pull 5G.. Could it be that it is not compatible with PM 5G?

• 5G - 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
  • Speed: HSPA, LTE, 5G

Since this phone was bought at Telus, I assume it should support PM.

Thank You

7 REPLIES 7

Joe_G

I have this same phone (Samsung A52 5G) and my phone displays 5G when I am in a 5G area. Which version of the phone do you have? The Canadian model is SM-A526W. Go to Settings > About phone and check Model name. If it does not have W on the end then you don't have the Canadian model. Phones from other countries may sometimes have problems connecting to Canadian carriers.

When my phone got the Android 14 update I did a factory reset. When the phone restarted it connected to PM automatically, no problem. I did not need to mess with APN or anything else. I checked the APN (which is provided by PM automatically and not editable) and it is exactly as described on the PM web site. I did not need to add it.

Your welcome🙂.

Yes you should have no problem with Google Pixel 8.

Norbit

Therefore a Google Pixel 8 would do 5G fine on PM? 

Thanks Sansan

They use the same band but blocked on PM due to agreement between Samsung and PM. I have the S20 5G. Same issue.

Norbit

Is PM utilize a different band than Bell and Koodo/Telus on the Galaxy A52 5g model?  I am able to pull 5G with Telus.. strange

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Norbit 

This seems to be an issue with 5G displaying on Samsung phones on PM but it doesn’t mean that it is working at 5G speeds.

Do a speed test on LTE and see if the speed is around 250mbps.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

The Samsung series does not support 5g on PM.  Samsung has to release an update, which very unlikely.  You can still have better speed if you have a 5g plan to that of 4g or 3g speed.

Need Help? Let's chat.