cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G speed on 4G LTE

VWJet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 3G plan. I am currently in an area with spotty cell coverage (Margaree, Cape Breton, NS) . When I find a place with full bars, the most that I get is texting. My outgoing calls connect, but I can't tell (no ringing, no sound),  and the recipient hears nothing. Would adjusting to a higher speed plan help?

4 REPLIES 4

VWJet

Thanks, all. I got full bars in Cheticamp, NS, and was able to call, receive calls, and text. I think that the issue is cell service across Cape Breton NS on the Telus network, at least. It is a very temporary problem for me. I am just glad that my phone is not broken, and that I have no pressing reason to upgrade my plan. I'm grateful for the help! 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

As @softech said, changing your plan will have no effect with regards to this issue. Your best hope is to try the various network selection options (3G/4G/5G) and see what you have the best results with. It sounds like you are simply in a poor service area, which means there isn't much you can do. Are you passing through or tis this going to be a permanent spot for you? If the latter you may want to look into a cell signal booster to install at your home. If the former, you may not have much luck. 

VWJet

Thank you for responding. I have a Pixel2XL. When I switch to 3G, the phone indicates no network found. The most prevalent network in this area is 4G LTE. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@VWJet 

changing plan won't help

But you might want to check your Preferred network type of network mode.  Try changing it to 3G and see if it helps

and what brand and model your phone is? I wonder if volte helps

Need Help? Let's chat.